Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

Default So . . . you Pioli/Haley haters look pretty dumb right now

In the first day of FA, the Chiefs have managed to get a field marshal for their defense and their QBOTF - all for a 2nd round pick.

I know, I know. You were all heavily invested in loving Herm. I know that you wanted youth instead of talent.

It's unfortunate that our bandwagon will be big enough for you when we start winning games in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He also said that he thought we would have to give up a ton to get him. I think most are happy since it only cost a second.

But like it was stated before, some people are never happy.
    To add to this. It was my understanding that Cassell got the tag, so that the Jets couldn't sign him. The relationship Pioli and Bilichick has definately allowed that trade to happen.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Thigpen actually got sacked less often with our offensive line, than anyone else had been doing for more than a year. That says something to me.

Cassel took a top-notch pass protection group (5th best in the league in '07) and managed to get sacked more than twice as much as Brady did the previous season. (5th most Sacks in '08)

It suggests to me that Cassel needs extra time in the pocket, and Thigpen works it out quicker.

While, I have stated that I think Cassel is the better QB. I don't know that he will be able to perform with our current O-line.
    One of the knocks I've heard on Cassel is that he holds the ball too long. Which I figure translates to the higher number of sacks. However, I think this is something that can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I could be wrong but in a thread about Cassell going to Tampa, you stated that you were glad Cassell wasn't going to be a Chief.... Now you are happy....

I am not saying I am pissy about it.... I am just skeptical. I am sure they have a plan and when it comes to, it will be better. I just don't like it so far but at least there is a plan.
    I didnt want us to go after Cassell either, but I never dreamed we would be able to get him for a 2nd round pick. Even if he doesnt start, (and i think he will) just having him here makes Thiggy better. Two talented QBs fighting for 1 starting spot only makes both players, and our team better.

This is nothing but good for the team. I understand why chief fans are pessimistic, but the Herm era is over... STOP B!TCHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I have, but there's something you don't realize. Thigpen was in the spread 90% of the time. That 10% when he wasn't in the spread, he was awful! Right now, Cassel is better than Thigpen, Thigpen could become better, and I hope he does! We killed a lot of birds with one stone with this deal, and I'm on the Pioli train now more than ever!

As for anyone thinking Cassel will be a bust with us, that's just the fun of the NFL right?
    I think the jury is still out on who is better. I look forward to seeing them both compete for the job. I would agree though that at this point, it is Cassel's job to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Just because I don't think Cassell is any better than Thigpen does not mean I am always unhappy. I think a second was to much.
    Heading into this season, the Chiefs had questions marks around QB. I think getting Cassel has helped all of these problems.

Now he have a healthy QB situation. Two promising young guys to choose from. If Stafford or Sanchez had fallen to the second round, the Chiefs would have probably taken them. I'd personally rather have Cassel than either of those guys right now based upon what we know. For that matter, the Chiefs may have taken either of those guys with the 1st pick, even worse.

I initially didn't want Cassel because the price tag was way too high. The deal changed. I also don't want the Chiefs to sign Ray Lewis for $20mm. But if he is willing to play for $1mm, then I'll change my tune on him as well.

This has been an exciting few days. I'm glad to have Vrabel, and I can bite my lip to watch how Cassel prodces. Somethings to think about though are the facts that Chan isn't gonna fit us much anymore (Haley'll prob. do some playcalling), Thig isn't gonna get the time of day with Cassel here n Pioli upstairs, and between the rumors and Cassel signing..TG will probably be traded off towards draft day. It's gonna be an interesting offseason, finally some buzz on us.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Anything. Has anyone looked at Cassel's stats? Anyone? He wasn't that much better than Thigy statistically. He had a good line and still got sacked way more than Thigy.
    Really? Not that much better????

Cassels numbers:

21 TD's to Thig's 18
    11 INT's to Thigs 12
    89.4 rating to Thigs 76 rating
    3693 passing yds to Thigs 2603 yds
    63.4% completions to Thigs 54.8

I say those are the numbers we need to be concerned with and they are miles in front of Thigpens numbers with the exception of the INT's!! IMO. NOW, he had better receivers to throw to so that may be a factor but the overall numbers don't compare.

The most important of the stats is the completion %.. Cassel's accuracy is leaps and bounds ahead of Thigpen's at this point. I'm a big fan of Thiggy, but he blew some opportunities down the stretch of games from not being poised in the pocket and making some poor throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I didnt want us to go after Cassell either, but I never dreamed we would be able to get him for a 2nd round pick. Even if he doesnt start, (and i think he will) just having him here makes Thiggy better. Two talented QBs fighting for 1 starting spot only makes both players, and our team better.

This is nothing but good for the team. I understand why chief fans are pessimistic, but the Herm era is over... STOP B!TCHING.
    There will be no competition between these guys at camp. You can guarantee that. Cassell is the starter, final.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

cassel will give us the kick start we need to get back in the competition!

I never said anything bad about either peole. i only said i am not sold on haley yet, but will give him a chance. i think the deal that Pioli made with NE was genious even though i love thig and want Cassel traded for a #1 pick.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast