Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOD IS A CHIEFS FAN !!!! Now what are your thoughts on the draft ?

Default GOD IS A CHIEFS FAN !!!! Now what are your thoughts on the draft ?

We got Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd rounder !!!!!!!! Pioli is a genius !!!! I am jumping up and down and thanking god for everything in the chiefs universe right now ! I think the Chiefs need to get Curry if he is avaliable and if not Crabtree what do you guys think ? I know everyone is worried about Crabtree's foot but watching him play in college was like watching a man against boys. He is a beast and would give cassell a target to go along with Bowe now if we can get rid of LJ for a 2nd rounder Not cause i dont like LJ but I do not want someone that doesnt want to be a chief on OUR team

I think there is still a chance that they trade out picks although I would love to get Curry!!

I think the Chiefs need to be more active in trying to get Khalif Barnes and Laverneus Coles. That would give us a dependable speed receiver and a RT. From their, work on the defense in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    We got Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd rounder !!!!!!!! Pioli is a genius !!!! I am jumping up and down and thanking god for everything in the chiefs universe right now ! I think the Chiefs need to get Curry if he is avaliable and if not Crabtree what do you guys think ? I know everyone is worried about Crabtree's foot but watching him play in college was like watching a man against boys. He is a beast and would give cassell a target to go along with Bowe now if we can get rid of LJ for a 2nd rounder Not cause i dont like LJ but I do not want someone that doesnt want to be a chief on OUR team
    This really shakes up a lot of those draft projections. So what do we know? I think it comes down to what the managers saw from the combine. We still have a number of holes to fill, but we know for sure we WILL NOT be drafting some young buck inexperiences QB. Thank GOD!

Now, what is left that is worth the money that a third round pick is going to bring. Well considering a couple of the offensive lineman were being considered for number 1. I could certainly see us going that route. Everyday that we do not hear of any deals for free agents on the line increases the odds that we will draft a lineman.

I also do believe we need something on the defensive line, no one is good enough to be taken at number three so that means a trade down. I don't think too seriously about us drafting a DL though, I think we will likely address that through trade or free agency.

I am not convinced we would not draft a receiver, considering Haley was a receiver coach, I think he has a plan in mind, I think our chances now are better than 50% that we will draft a receiver at number three.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

A trade down scenario is the best for the Chiefs for lots of reasons. I was happy heading into the season with Thigpen as the starter and keeping our 1st and 2nd picks. Now the 2nd pick is gone and we've only solved one position, Vrabel.

I'm defintiely not saying that this was a bad trade. It was a steal. I'm just saying that there is a lot of pressure to make the 1st and 3rd round picks count. Both of those picks need to be starters.

Can we get a starting RG in the 3rd round? I say absolutely. Possibly Loadholt.
    Can we get a starting 3-4 LB in the 3rd round? I say that is much more iffy.

So I think the Chiefs take Curry with the #3 pick and then get a RT in the 3rd round.

If someone wants to trade up, then even better.

I just can't see us passing up Raji at #3, assuming we can't trade down. Yeah, Curry's great, but I think he's gone a #1. And yeah, we need OLB and OL badly, but we can't run the 3-4 without a NT - and we don't have one, nor is one available in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    A trade down scenario is the best for the Chiefs for lots of reasons. I was happy heading into the season with Thigpen as the starter and keeping our 1st and 2nd picks. Now the 2nd pick is gone and we've only solved one position, Vrabel.

I'm defintiely not saying that this was a bad trade. It was a steal. I'm just saying that there is a lot of pressure to make the 1st and 3rd round picks count. Both of those picks need to be starters.

Can we get a starting RG in the 3rd round? I say absolutely. Possibly Loadholt.
    Can we get a starting 3-4 LB in the 3rd round? I say that is much more iffy.

So I think the Chiefs take Curry with the #3 pick and then get a RT in the 3rd round.

If someone wants to trade up, then even better.
    I think the Chiefs take Aaron Curry. But why is no one talking about Khalif Barnes. He is a 26 year old starting tackle. The Chiefs should be jumping all over these free agent O-linemen, but we haven't done much. We should also be thinking about a speed receiver like Coles or Nate Washington. I think it's a bad trade if we don't spend some of the money on some free agents.

Repeating my sentiments from a previous thread:

3 dream scenarios go:

a) Trade down to the Jags for a first swap and a second. Pick up Raji. Sintim in the second, OL in the thrid, possibly Loadholt

b) Hold on to the 1st we have and get Curry, see what we can get for the guys we have wanting out. Possibly get Ron Brace, Unger or Mack in the second, maybe any or all of them :P.

I really think we come out of the draft with Curry who is considered the safest bet in the draft. I really think crabtree would look great in a chiefs jersey as well I am just glad we dont have to worry about a QB because I have been watching some clips of cassell and I know he had moss and welker but that guy has some accuraccy that is amazing ! Its def a good time to be a chiefs fan just glad I am always here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Repeating my sentiments from a previous thread:

3 dream scenarios go:

a) Trade down to the Jags for a first swap and a second. Pick up Raji. Sintim in the second, OL in the thrid, possibly Loadholt

b) Hold on to the 1st we have and get Curry, see what we can get for the guys we have wanting out. Possibly get Ron Brace, Unger or Mack in the second, maybe any or all of them :P.

You know I hate to say this but if they want out send them packing ! These guys annoy me when they complain about everything ! look at that cowboys who have a players coach and see why you want to say hello to the bad guy ! Cheifs fans will be very grateful soon no matter who we lose now. LJ i have authentic 300 dollar jerseys so I do like him but he wants out get what we can for him and drive on this is a business but as we seen with the Dawkins deal there comes a time to move on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast