Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After reading a couple of the boards...

Default After reading a couple of the boards...

threads about acquiring Vrabel and Cassel it's safe to say as a fan base we always assume the worse. When news hit about Vrabel, many on here automatically felt we were getting robbed. Find out it was a conditional pick and people aren't so taken back by the trade. Then Cassel gets dealt to the Chiefs... what happens? More assuming that we gave up the farm for him. Find out it was our 2nd rounder and now majority are on board.

Maybe King Carl scarred us as a fan base for life or maybe some people just need to relax and trust Pioli knows what he is doing and wait for final word before jumping off the deep end.

I and many others could go without much of the anxiety associated with seeing people assuming the worst. Remember, King Carl isn't running the show around here anymore folks. It's ok to take a positive approach to Chiefs dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by KU4LIFE View Post
    threads about acquiring Vrabel and Cassel it's safe to say as a fan base we always assume the worse. When news hit about Vrabel, many on here automatically felt we were getting robbed. Find out it was a conditional pick and people aren't so taken back by the trade. Then Cassel gets dealt to the Chiefs... what happens? More assuming that we gave up the farm for him. Find out it was our 2nd rounder and now majority are on board.

Maybe King Carl scarred us as a fan base for life or maybe some people just need to relax and trust Pioli knows what he is doing and wait for final word before jumping off the deep end.

I and many others could go without much of the anxiety associated with seeing people assuming the worst. Remember, King Carl isn't running the show around here anymore folks. It's ok to take a positive approach to Chiefs dealings.
    True but I have Chief PTSD and have flash backs from King Carls era lol

Hey, welcome aboard to the crowd! I see you are pretty new to the forums.

While most of us here try to be positive, some more than others. The fact of the matter is this, after twenty years of seeing stupid move after stupid move, it is hard to believe for many of us that change is actually happen, even when we see it happening in front of our eyes.

You also have to admit that the way the NFL is these days it is a pretty cut-throat place to make deals. So when you see deals that seem too good to be true, many are going to automatically think the worse.

Even you have to admit that if not for Pioli's history with the Pats, this deal does not get done. No doubt about it, even the commentators are shocked. So this is an example of too good to be believable, so you have to understand the immediate knee jerk reaction.

I can also promise you that we will have plenty more shocks and plenty more knee-jerk reactions, the good part is that it opens lines of discussion.

So welcome aboard and fasten your seatbelt because Mr Toad's wild ride has just left the gate!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I think it has to do more with the media. When I first heard the news about Cassel on ESPN my stomach dropped (not a good thing). I think they tend to over value players and under analyze the performance/situation that players come from (at least judging by the limited info they present.)

I didn't want Cassell because I thought we would have to overpay for him. But getting him and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick seems like extremely good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I didn't want Cassell because I thought we would have to overpay for him. But getting him and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick seems like extremely good value.

Agreed. When my office football buddy came flying into the room announcing hte news my hands went to my head and i said 'oh no'

then, after it being a second rounder, i felt alot better. i am still skeptical, but will be behind cassel as long as he doesnt bust~

See I still see a negative overtone to many of peoples posts here. It's ok to be skeptical, but it's ok to take a deep breath and realize King Carl isn't in control anymore.

It took me awhile to digest knowing Peterson no longer was here to screw things up for us and I've finally came to my comfort level after heavy drinking that things are on the up and up here in KC. KC is an attractable place to play, even with some disgruntled veterans. Sometimes it takes a different approach to see a different outcome. Obviously the Chiefs way of doing business had failed the last decade. I like the new direction, secrecy and all. I was ready for some change and so far Pioli has really pulled a feather out of his cap by getting Vrabel/Cassel for just a second rounder.

I see more positive and eye opening moves to come... some maybe even from our current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    +1

I was sweating bullets every time I saw Cassel's name connected to the Chiefs.

It looks to me as Pioli still has control over the Pats' player personel. Maybe Kraft and Belicheat forgot he isn't their guy any more. Or maybe he can con them into trading Moss and Seymore for a fourth round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1020 View Post
    It looks to me as Pioli still has control over the Pats' player personel. Maybe Kraft and Belicheat forgot he isn't their guy any more. Or maybe he can con them into trading Moss and Seymore for a fourth round pick.

It's still great value for the Pats. They essentially just traded a 7th rd. QB and an aging LB for a 2nd round pick. Great return on that investment.

The Chiefs essentially screwed themselves by injuring Brady. lol You've gotta think Pioli knew what Cassel was even before his performance this season. We might have gotten Cassel for a lot less than a 2nd rounder if he hadn't have had to play this season.

WAY TO GO POLLARD!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast