Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: give us thigpen...

Default give us thigpen...

as a panther fan i must say i like tyler thigpen we would not mind haveing him on are team...so spread the word the carolina panthers want tyler thigpen..

and good luck next year KC

I think the only real measure of an NFL player is the size of his contract. Just ask Haynesworth and Dan Snyder. You're never going to see a guy unlike Haynesworth make $100 million in 7 years, no matter how much heart he has....

Good luck with that, there is going to be a Qb competition this year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Good luck with that, there is going to be a Qb competition this year.
    Um, no, there won't.

EVERYONE.

I know that many of us believe that Thigpen played well enough to merit consideration for the starting job in 2009. I understand and appreciate this view.

But it ain't happening.

We traded a 2nd rounder for Cassel and will sign him to a long, expensive extension soon. He is our starter. Thigpen is our backup or he'll be traded.

If you think otherwise, you want things to be one way, when they're another.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    He is a natural DT so put him in the middle of the line as the DT. With a good rushing DE that can get penitration around the LT, all OL will need to compensate and that will leave Dorsey in the middle to ram up the gut. That also works the other way, if he is getting too much penitration in the middle teams will double team him and the DE can get in there for the sack. If our LB's are upgraded like I hope with DJ, Vrabel and Curry as well as maybe going after Brooks from Tampa who is currently a FA we could have one of the best LB crews in the league. We certainly have the cap room for it. Our Defense could shape up to be better than we thnk it could be. Some of this is speculation but hey we know what we have lets only hope LOL.
    Don't forget that other teams also can call running plays. And when they do, Dorsey will get eaten alive at NT in a 3-4 scheme. I'm open to the idea of seeing what he can do at DE in a 3-4.

We all know that a NFL player isn't just measured by how big you are in a physical measure but how big the heart is. Dorsey has alot of heart IMO and with the right coaching behind him I think he can do it. It wouldn't hurt to have another DT to have on the roster to come in every now and then to give him a breather, I never said he would do it on every down I just said I think he can do the job.
    I'm not ripping on Dorsey. I like him and if we were sticking with a 4-3, then I think he has a bright future. But I think his future is brighter in a 4-3 scheme vs the 3-4. We'll see. I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Give us Jordan Gross!
    BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't forget that other teams also can call running plays. And when they do, Dorsey will get eaten alive at NT in a 3-4 scheme. I'm open to the idea of seeing what he can do at DE in a 3-4.

I'm not ripping on Dorsey. I like him and if we were sticking with a 4-3, then I think he has a bright future. But I think his future is brighter in a 4-3 scheme vs the 3-4. We'll see. I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.
    Agreed. I think he has alot of potential as a 3-4 DE.

I know I will prolly get pounded by everyone applying for a media position here on the forum but I am sticking to my guns about this. Dorsey is a strong young buck and I have confidence in him. Then again , if I am wrong so be it......
    But I also think that he could put on weight and be pretty effective as a NT.

It's kind of a longshot. And likely wouldn't be any good immediately. But I can't rule him out.

I hope he can light it up at DE in a 3-4. That would be ideal.
    I seriously hope so, even though my spirits are high right now I'm having a hard time picturing Dorsey as a DE.

I could be wrong, maybe he is a stud in the making.

Dorsey/Thigpen/Hali

FOR

Gross/Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Give us Jordan Gross!
    if you want a player like gross you should check out
    jamon merdith OT from south carolina he is in the same mold as gross and he had a very good combine

or jarred cook TE from south carolina i want to see him go to a team that he can become something in..his 40 was faster than some WR he will be very good at the next level at 6,5 he ran a 4.5

only someone from Carolina (or a fantasy football fanatic) would say "give us Thigpen"! jk.

If we pull off a Thigpen/Peppers trade then I would be doing backflips.

Coach we disagree on a lot of things but I must say that wouldn't be bad at all, as much as i love thig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123