Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Default QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Cassell or Thigpen?

I just wanted to be the first person to post a QB controversy thread. I'm sure it will be talked about a lot by Thigpen fans.

I was soooo super pissed when I saw we traded our 2nd for Cassel. We need alot more help than a QB. It should be way down on our list of priorities.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    That is true, we can bicker over the truths of this but the truth is only true from ones point of view.
    Some people seem to forget that all of thesets used in the Pros are just that but, tell me what you call these sets,

I am not an Offensive minded person , I know defense much better.
    Spread on top and pro set variations on the bottom

At the end of the day it doesnt matter to me what offense we run, Im not here to argue that it just needs to work and work effectively.

So Cassel takes the helm of whatever Haley/Gailey's creation is. As long as it works and works effectively in all situations from 2 minute drill to eating up the clock Im all for anything

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    We actually did get more we also got Vrabel LB . Both men will make instant impact as they will both start and have been part of a team that has been to a SUperbowl (Cassell) and won 3 Superbowls (Vrabel) so in a sense this is a good thing as we get 2 starters instead of using a second round draft pick in the draft for a unknown comodity.
    I would be more impressed if Cassell was throwing the football to win the Superbowl instead of holding the clipboard.

I'm sorry, but any of you that think thig is starting next year have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by imcorrect View Post
    I'm sorry, but any of you that think thig is starting next year have no clue
    Only cause after Thig outplays Cassell in the preseason, they'll have to play Cassell so they don't look like dumb @sses.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Only cause after Thig outplays Cassell in the preseason, they'll have to play Cassell so they don't look like dumb @sses.
    That'd be pretty bad. But I never really did jump on the Thigpen bandwagon at any point even though he was fun to watch towards the end of the season. Never could see his water pistol of an arm give us any sort of down field threat...Just couldnt quite throw the ball far enough :P

Cassel lead the way!

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    That'd be pretty bad. But I never really did jump on the Thigpen bandwagon at any point even though he was fun to watch towards the end of the season. Never could see his water pistol of an arm give us any sort of down field threat...Just couldnt quite throw the ball far enough :P

Cassel lead the way!
    Cassel's not a deep thrower. You see how many short passes were done to Randy Moss. That's why Welker was so productive. Cassel's a better pocket passer, Thig's just a mobile qb. I'm wondering if were gonna end up drafting a wr in the 1st 3 rounds cuz should Cassel reach a deep wr, Bowe's about 30-40% chance of dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    Cassel's not a deep thrower. You see how many short passes were done to Randy Moss.
    Yes but he was able to stretch the field when necessary. While the majority of his throws were within the short to itermediate ranged Cassel has the arm strength to launch the long ball.

I will say that Thigpen is a little more shifty then Thigpen though but thats just due to the nature of his play style (he was RB/WR/PR in HS) Cassel is an above average mobile quarterback though and a more polished passer right now.

I wonder if either of them though could throw a mean block like Trent 'flatfoot' Green could.

I dont know what everyone is talking about, he looks like he has enough arm strength to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctvPzDMfp0"]YouTube - Matt Cassel 2008 Tribute[/ame]

Pioli now has he QB of the future, now he will build his offense around Cassell. I dont think he is done with the FA. Curry will be a good fit at 3rd pick. Trust me. I knew they would pick up a QB tho, I didnt think it would be Cassell. Most of the draft picks will be offensivebut Curry is too good to pass up......

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast