Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Default QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Cassell or Thigpen?

I just wanted to be the first person to post a QB controversy thread. I'm sure it will be talked about a lot by Thigpen fans.

as long as we are comparing stats look at the last 10 games of 2008
    thigpen 2216 yds pass 16tds 8 int, 325 yds rush 2tds 84.14 rating

cassel 2598 yds pass 15tds 7int, 211 yds rush 2 tds 91.01 rating

not a huge difference considering the pats advantage in quality players , receivers and coaching....i don't know if that is worth a 2nd round pick for the differnce.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    It will be if we stop using a spread Offense, Thiggy will be left in the dirt.
    I am curious, but how do you know this since you have never actually seen him try and play without the spread?? Everyone seems to know that Thigpen can't run a pro style offence but they have no real evidence to back up that opinion. And don't give me the Oakland or Atlanta games as an example. He got thrown into the mix with no notice. With a full year of preparation I don't see why he couldn't succeed.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

It will be if we stop using a spread Offense, Thiggy will be left in the dirt.
    And how is Thigpens situation different from Cassels? How many games has Cassel started without a spread offense?

Have a look at how The Pats play offense. They have been running the spread since '07.

We could design a new Off style with two qb's on the field at the same time if you line Thig up as WR. we could throw the ball all over the place. Just a thought, things do happen to the game all the time to advance the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    We could design a new Off style with two qb's on the field at the same time if you line Thig up as WR. we could throw the ball all over the place. Just a thought, things do happen to the game all the time to advance the game.
    or better yet.. Thigpen is the 1st half QB and Cassel is the 2nd half QB!

Well this is certainly a lively thread.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Something tells me coming from USC he has been in a situation that had him not performing or learning how to use some type of Offense other than a spread offense. I can't comment on Thiggy's college career as he is from Coastal Carolina (Basically Jays Truck Driving School compared to USC)
    at least Thigpen started and stared at his little coastal carolina, cassel never started a single game at usc, so how do YOU know he has any experience running a pro style offense???

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    at least Thigpen started and stared at his little coastal carolina, cassel never started a single game at usc, so how do YOU know he has any experience running a pro style offense???
    Nobody can deny that Cassel is a risky addition. He's only seen significant playing time in 1 season, and he had the services of Randy Moss and Wes Welker along with a great coaching staff helping him along the way, not to mention backing up the best QB in the league for 3 years. He's also shown a tendency to hold onto the ball for way too long because he was sacked more than any other QB.

With the bad comes the good. He's very accurate, both in the pocket and on the run, good mobility and ability to hit receivers deep. He also seems to be very durable.

I'm skeptical to sign him to a big contract before next season, but I can't wait to see how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    They're both called the spread offense and both used in the NFL but the Chiefs ran a more college oriented spread style while the Pats run some hybrid spread/flex style.

But then again they're both spread offense so take it at face value.

They run the spread in the NFL so it has to be pro style right?

Cassel to Tyler and Vrabel = 100% TD rate.

We are set.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast