Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Default QB Controversy - Cassell or Thigpen

Cassell or Thigpen?

I just wanted to be the first person to post a QB controversy thread. I'm sure it will be talked about a lot by Thigpen fans.

Cassell should not get the start because we gave such and such for him. Thigpen lead this team last year a piss poor front line. Cassell did good behind a good not great but good line. this should be Thigpens job to lose and lose in a fair unbiased compitition. End of story!

Quote Originally Posted by Xploder View Post
    Cassell should not get the start because we gave such and such for him. Thigpen lead this team last year a piss poor front line. Cassell did good behind a good not great but good line. this should be Thigpens job to lose and lose in a fair unbiased compitition. End of story!
    It doesn't matter what you think should happen. Thigpen is on the bench next year. There's going to be no competition.

We saw first hand in New England this past year that it never hurts to have two starting QB's on roster. It just takes one play for a guy to be out of the lineup (Tom Brady, all of KC's wounded the past couple of seasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    No Croyle still gets the 4th spot for his game time experience, though obviously not good. Martin is PS, I wouldn't be suprised if Gray or Croyle are let go though.
    Yea, I just forgot about Croyle when thinking about all the QBs in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It doesn't matter what you think should happen. Thigpen is on the bench next year. There's going to be no competition.
    if this is the caes then its not honest and the possible best person for the position isnt playing and thats not what is best for the team.

Is that how you will tell our new GM off lol

I agree, but its not gonna happen.

This is Piolis boy who knows him on a personal level. And you cant pay someone like that to not start him.

When training camp starts theyll get a good idea of how Cassell and Thig fit into the system. We'll see what happens then.

its not about telling people off I just want to see the best man for the position take the team on the field next year

if this is the caes then its not honest and the best person for the position isnt playing and thats not what is best for the team.
    I don't know how you can determine the better player by just saying one thing or the other, but it'd be a monumental coaching mishap if Cassel was to be on the bench and Thigpen started both from a financial point and a skill set p.o.v. Thigpen was serviceable at best during the season but proved little in the way of being a long term solution, yea he may have won over some people and made the Chiefs watchable but in reality was never the solution to our woes.

Just look at it like this. Cassel and Thigpen are similar in mechanics. They're both agile Quarterbacks who are able to move the pocket, throw on the run, and tuck the ball and run.

The difference?

- Cassel has the arm strength
    - Consistency
    - Accuracy
    - On the field leadership

Thigpen was good but was never really the on the field presence that the Chiefs needed to lead. The highlights don't lie.

EDIT: But I will agree there will be QB competition in training camp. You can bet on it. But I'd be willing to bet that Cassel proves why he deserves the starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Cassell or Thigpen?

I just wanted to be the first person to post a QB controversy thread. I'm sure it will be talked about a lot by Thigpen fans.
    I hope we give cassel a go right away.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast