Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vrabel/Cassel

Default Vrabel/Cassel

Just wanted to say congrats and good luck to your team. I'm sad to see these 2 guys go... and for a 2nd round pick!? That is crazy. The Pats do have 3 2nd round picks as well as their first rounder now, but I was expecting something more in return. Vrabel is one of those legendary Patriots I was lucky enough to watch for 8 seasons. One of the smartest players to ever play the game. And Cassel, he deserves to be a starter. He is NOT a product of the NE system. He knows how to play the game and he learned it from some of the best to ever play it. I look foward to watching him succeed and help turn the KC franchise around. 2 class acts. Good luck to the Chiefs.. unless its against New England, of course ;)
    Last edited by NEpatriots; 02-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.

News
    Vrabel: ‘I will help the Chiefs’

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, Mike Vrabel
    The trade of veteran LB Mike Vrabel by the Patriots to the Chiefs last week was met by shock and surprise around New England. Vrabel, a team leader and known favorite of coach Bill Belichick in New England was shipped, along with franchise-tagged QB Matt Cassel, to the Chiefs for a second-round pick (34th overall) in next month’s draft — compensation that also produced shock and surprise.
    The Chiefs have remained very quiet about the details of a deal that several reports questioned as lopsided. On Friday, Vrabel made his first comments as a Chief when he was introduced to the media via a conference call.
    Vrabel effectively sidestepped a question asking if he wanted out of New England, saying “the situation is what it is.”
    “To be anything but excited wouldn’t be giving the Chiefs, players and the fans the respect that they deserve,” Vrabel continued. “I am playing for the Chiefs. Whoever I was going to be playing for this year, I would give them the same effort.”
    Vrabel, who as recently as 2007 was named to the Pro Bowl when he posted a career-high 12.5 sacks, sounded like a veteran who was ready to help a young Chiefs squad that finished 2-14 last season.
    “I know that I have got some more football left,” Vrabel said. “I can still play and I can still help the Chiefs and I will help the Chiefs. I have never gone into a season and said, ‘I am going to do this, this and this.’ I will promise you that I will work, I’ll be consistent and, God willing, I will be durable. Those are the things that I like to think that I brought to the table in New England and will bring to the table in Kansas City.”
    Vrabel went on to comment on Cassel, his leadership style and the definition of “The Patriot Way.” The Chiefs’ official Web site posted a transcript of the conference call.

Hey KC fans! Lifelong NE fan here. I have to say, I really am sad to see both #16 and #50 leave our team, but I do hope they provide you guys with as much fun and excitement as they did us. Looking forward to seeing those guys succeed with your team as much as they did with mine. Best of luck next season and hope to see the Chiefs on the opposite end of the field during the playoffs.

Good luck guys! You definitely got two great players, on and off the field.

to the crowd. Thatnks for the players btw.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234