Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Donks fans throwing a tantrum lol

Default Donks fans throwing a tantrum lol

Cutler was apart of a Cassell trade. And now they are still trying to trade Cutler lol

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/bronco....2.946829.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Watching the Cutler/McDaniels fiasco take place was worth the Chiefs 2nd round pick by itself.
    What i loved out of all of this was what Terrell Davis said about all of this on NFL Network. "So basically Jay Cutler, is like by default, the QB of the Denver Broncos." just classic

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    They have to pay Cassell the $14.6 million he was promised on the Franchise tag before they can restructure the contract, it is in the NFL rules or something to do with Free Agency and the whole Union thing. After 2009 then if they want to they can offer him a long contract. I don't know the exact rules on it but I have heard it repeated like a billion times on NFL Network.
    That's not quite right. Jared Allen was franchised, then traded, just as Cassel was. But The Vikings immediately signed Jared to a long-term deal.

I'm not sure if there is some stipulation about having to include that amount in an extention, or not. Maybe that is what you heard about.

But we can re-sign him, today, tomorrow, or whenever.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I really need to call my relatives that live north of Denver and see what they have to say about it all! More to come later!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    NFL Network is reporting that Good tidings between Cutler and the Donks are totally breaking down and it is looking more and more every day like Cutler will be traded. Cutler is very upset about the fact that the Donks front office was prepared to trade him for the #1 over all and now that the deal didn't go through Cutler is asking to be traded at which Donks front office denies any such action was in place. Well we all now that their front office is full of it, the deal was so evidant and made so public that Adam Shefter made it public on the FA live broadcast during the day 2 event on NFL Network coverage of the event. At this point I seriously doubt Denver can fix this issue and make Cutler happy but fact is this, Kurt Warner is still a FA and even though he visited with SF on Monday , he hasn't signed with anyone yet and maybe , just maybe if the Donks were to bring Warner in, it might be a quick fix for them to sign him and trade Cutler away to the Bucs which is where he would have ended up if the deal for Cassell would have went through that avenue instead of where it ended up. At this point the Warner thing is all speculation on my part but if there is one thing I have learned over watching this league in 42 years is that nothing is impossible in the NFL and where the money is, you will find that the impossible becomes total probability.
    A perfect example of why master Pioli works in such secrecy behind the red curtain. :character00231:

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That's not quite right. Jared Allen was franchised, then traded, just as Cassel was. But The Vikings immediately signed Jared to a long-term deal.

I'm not sure if there is some stipulation about having to include that amount in an extention, or not. Maybe that is what you heard about.

But we can re-sign him, today, tomorrow, or whenever.
    The recieving team still has to pay the one year avg. for trading for the right of the franchise tag. Jared Allen was franchised at $8.8 million by the Chiefs before being traded to the Vikings he made his franchise tag value and his next pay day is scheduled to be $8 million for his contract terms.

The Chiefs still have to eat the ~$14 million Cassel is scheduled make due to the Franchise Tag and then the following year he'll make the details of whatever contract he signs too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567