Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If I were a bettin man..

Default If I were a bettin man..

I'd say Crennel is going to be our DC. If we're flippin over to the 3-4, there are few guys in this league I'd rather have in charge of the defense. Rex Ryan would probably be the only guy I'd want more than Crennel. If this DOES happen, other than Gailey, this would be THE ONLY OTHER COACH on staff I'd consider a good hire. Every other coach Haley has hired thus far have been mediocre hires AT BEST.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ssion_bro.html

Waiting on Romeo: Former Browns coach Romeo Crennel is convalescing from successful hip replacement surgery and weighing an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs.
    The Chiefs are holding the position open for Crennel, who is waiting to learn exactly how long his rehabilitation process will keep him out. The Chiefs may have enticed Crennel a little bit more by trading for New England linebacker Mike Vrabel.

Whether or not Crennel accepts, he has decided not to remain with the Browns in an unspecified role offered by Mangini.

Crennel previously declined an offer to rejoin Charlie Weis as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator. Crennel and Weis were Belichick's coordinators during New England's three Super Bowl championship seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    Pats D didn't lose much when he left from what I can tell. Gunther was supposed to save our D too but without players (DT, Neil Smith, and last year giving up J Allen) it doesn't matter.
    You have to figure that someone has to teach those players what scheme they're playing. Yea talent is important but so is the scheme in which that talent flourishes. D-Coords. do have more to do with the play to play defense then you might think

Gunther failed because his philosiphy and Herm Edwards didn't mesh. Gunther was a pressure 4-3 blitz guy and Edwards was a Tampa 2 sit back on your heals and lets get run over and hope we win kind of guy. SO you saddle two guys with different schemes together and you get jack in return and no development with any of the youth talent the Chiefs had.

EDIT: Not that I support Gunther, he would have most likely failed with his defense I think as well and still be gone at the end of the season but just saying.

why do u think Pendergast was so eager to take a demotion?

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    why do u think Pendergast was so eager to take a demotion?
    Cause he was fired?

good point. I do worry about our defense.

texaschief I would have to agree with you, those 2 would be our bet fit.

I don't know how you could say Crennel would be a 'great' hire, but I think he would help transition our defense to a 3-4. Gibbs and Pendergast were good hires, but not if we made one of them our DC. I like them as position coaches though.. And yes, we need a defensive coordinator, and fast. If Crennel isn't available before the draft, then screw it. But otherwise, we need to make a decision soon.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

OFF TOPIC

Ronnie Bradford is another new coach added to the Chiefs staff.

Former Bronco's SPecial Teams Coach now Chiefs assistant Defensive Backs coach.

Not huge news but news none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Even if his recovery is slow, maybe Chiefster will lend him his hoverround for a while!!

He can get his own Hoverround!

i dont think pendergast is THAT bad....considering the talent he had to work with in Arizona....the strength of that team was built around the offense and passing game...i would certainly feel WAY more comfortable with Pendergast at the helm of the defense rather than a head coach or gunther friggin cunningham...

Romeo on the other hand i think is a fine DC....less than average HC....but he would be great i think...

Gibbs though i just dont want to see on the staff...even at LB coach...hopefully he proves me wrong, he did make Fujita a pretty solid LB....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12