Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

Default Still pimping O-line and D? Let it go; it's QB time.

The time is now. We will more than likely not have another chance at this.

I'm preferential to Sanchez, but I won't balk at Stafford.

It's time to put the ghost of Blackledge to bed, man up, and start running this franchise right for a change.

Warning:

Posts calling for Crabtree or Curry at third overall will be met with MUCH ridicule.

Warning:

Use of the phrase "Brady in the 6th-round" will get you an anti-freeze ****tail.

Finally, congrats to Edith Morgan for finally seeing her son home where he belongs!
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 02-14-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post

It's time to put the ghost of Blackledge to bed, man up, and start running this franchise right for a change.

Warning:

Posts calling for Crabtree or Curry at third overall will be met with MUCH ridicule.

Warning:

Use of the phrase "Brady in the 6th-round" will get you an anti-freeze ****tail.

Finally, congrats to Edith Morgan for finally seeing her son home where he belongs!
    After a long tour of duty in the outer-rim, it appears the long-standing bane of all existance has once again returned from the yonderlands to grace all of us lowly non-force aware beings with his almighty presence!

Welcome back Darth, we missed you.

Now, just for the record, you are terribly wrong in your post, neither of those QB are worthy to be taken early in the draft and even if we drafted them, bringing them in behind our offensive line would pretty much suck any success they may have out faster than a hull breach in your Tie Fighter!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

O line and D is sexy.

You'll come around Darth.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

It's Darth!

The Return of the Umpire!

Warning:

Warning:

Warning: Power Hungery Mod logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    After a long tour of duty in the outer-rim, it appears the long-standing bane of all existance has once again returned from the yonderlands to grace all of us lowly non-force aware beings with his almighty presence!

Welcome back Darth, we missed you.

Now, just for the record, you are terribly wrong in your post, neither of those QB are worthy to be taken early in the draft and even if we drafted them, bringing them in behind our offensive line would pretty much suck any success they may have out faster than a hull breach in your Tie Fighter!
    Nope. Bad argument. Either one of these guys are better than anything you're gonna' see next year, and using a low value position like linemen to justify being cautious doesn't cut it.
    Also, and get in your skull, college QB's running in the spread are not going to be recruited to the Chiefs.
    So all you Bradford, Tebow, and McCoy fans?
    Sorry, ain't gonna happen.

The Chiefs under Haley will be running a pro-style offense. Thigpen and the Pistol are out; get used to it.
    I'm not saying Tyler won't be around, but his game is what will be asked to improve, not the O-Coord trying to make chicken salad from chicken ****.

20 years of Dudley Do-Wrong have created an extremely cautious fan base. 20 years of doing it wrong are about to be broken, eradicated, and wiped from the face of Arrowhead Stadium forever. For those who wanted Carl gone, don't cry when his ways and means go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Warning: Power Hungery Mod logged on.
    You do realize Claythan is using your sig, yes?

Nope. Bad argument. Either one of these guys are better than anything you're gonna' see next year, and using a low value position like linemen to justify being cautious doesn't cut it..
    I did not think it was being cautious. Kiper has an OT being taken at 2 and at 4 in his list, while I think overall his list is a waste of time, clearly those two players are being thought of enough to be considered as good or better than Sanchez.

Also, and get in your skull, college QB's running in the spread are not going to be recruited to the Chiefs.
    Of course that takes on consideration we would need to draft a QB next season. I am not convinced at this point we would have to.

The Chiefs under Haley will be running a pro-style offense. Thigpen and the Pistol are out; get used to it.
    I'm not saying Tyler won't be around, but his game is what will be asked to improve, not the O-Coord trying to make chicken salad from chicken ****.
    Do you ever stop to consider why we went to the spread this season? Is it because of Thigpen? Or was it because our offensive line was like swiss cheese and the only way to keep Thigpen or any other QB from getting their head's knocked off was to give those extra steps? I can't believe you bought into that stupid Herm Edwards who said they did it because Thigpen was more comfortable in the spread. If Thigpen was more comfortable in the spread it is because he had that extra 6 yards to prepare before getting his clock cleaned.

20 years of Dudley Do-Wrong have created an extremely cautious fan base. 20 years of doing it wrong are about to be broken, eradicated, and wiped from the face of Arrowhead Stadium forever. For those who wanted Carl gone, don't cry when his ways and means go with him.
    Pioli has never taken a QB that high in the draft. I don't see him doing it now. It is too risky and expensive.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I did not think it was being cautious. Kiper has an OT being taken at 2 and at 4 in his list, while I think overall his list is a waste of time, clearly those two players are being thought of enough to be considered as good or better than Sanchez.

Kiper is a moron who changes his roster every day of the week. I trust NOTHING he says. He and Mortensen should open an ***-Hat Factory together.

Of course that takes on consideration we would need to draft a QB next season. I am not convinced at this point we would have to.

We don't have one now. The gimmick/experiment was fun, but it failed. Thigpen is horrible in clutch situations, and it's time to move on.

Do you ever stop to consider why we went to the spread this season? Is it because of Thigpen? Or was it because our offensive line was like swiss cheese and the only way to keep Thigpen or any other QB from getting their head's knocked off was to give those extra steps? I can't believe you bought into that stupid Herm Edwards who said they did it because Thigpen was more comfortable in the spread. If Thigpen was more comfortable in the spread it is because he had that extra 6 yards to prepare before getting his clock cleaned.

O-line argument isn't valid when it comes to drafting. You don't take linemen at third overall. Position and value, Pioli understands this.

Pioli has never taken a QB that high in the draft. I don't see him doing it now. It is too risky and expensive.
    Pioli has never been in a position to take a QB that high. Until now.

Nope. Bad argument. Either one of these guys are better than anything you're gonna' see next year, and using a low value position like linemen to justify being cautious doesn't cut it.

Are you kidding me? Have you not paid attention to a single thing the last 2 seasons? The line makes or breaks a team! I hate it when people use the term "low value" when referring to the lines when it's just as important as any other position.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast