Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much do you think LJ is worth?

Default How much do you think LJ is worth?

Just thinking how LJ ranks to LT. He's no LT, but he's not that far behind. The Vikings signed rookie Peterson for more than we are offering LJ, and he has a major injury on his record AND has never played a down in the NFL. LJ may be no LT, but he definitely plays a vital role on this team. I think that Carl needs to take some of that money from the increased price of tickets and parking and give some of it to LJ instead of pocketing it. I know it's a business to him, but you still have to know what your largest assets are worth. It's worth paying a little more now rather than screwing yourself in the long run.

Anyway, enough rambling...what do you think LJ is worth? And I mean to us, not what kind of deals we can get in a trade situation.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...If Peterson parts with that kind of money.
    Wait a minute....

Kenny? Is that you?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Wait a minute....

Kenny? Is that you?

Thems fightin words! :p

I think that he should get paid more that AP got in Minnesota. I live about 15 minutes from Norman and have meet Adrian and seen him play in person. AP is good but he is no LJ. LJ would run over AP anyday and should be paid for that. LT ranks 1 even though I get a sharp pain saying that since he plays for the wrong team, but Larry is right on his heels. LJ won't have the 400+ carries like he did last year but I do predict that he will give LT a run for that TD title next year as long as our line shows up to play. So CP pull out your check book pay LJ and give him the ball. If you want to hoist that trophy at the end of the year your going to need Mr. Johnson, and I don't mean Derrick Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I think that he should get paid more that AP got in Minnesota. I live about 15 minutes from Norman and have meet Adrian and seen him play in person. AP is good but he is no LJ. LJ would run over AP anyday and should be paid for that. LT ranks 1 even though I get a sharp pain saying that since he plays for the wrong team, but Larry is right on his heels. LJ won't have the 400+ carries like he did last year but I do predict that he will give LT a run for that TD title next year as long as our line shows up to play. So CP pull out your check book pay LJ and give him the ball. If you want to hoist that trophy at the end of the year your going to need Mr. Johnson, and I don't mean Derrick Johnson.
    Larry Johnson is nowhere near the talent that Ladanian is. Not in any aspect of the game. Not as a runner, a reciever, a blocker, nor as a passer. Maybe reward him for what he has accomplished, by giving him a raise, for this year, but, I don't want to see the Chiefs unload a truck for several years of contract, until he proves that he can do more than one thing. If he learns to put fourth the same effort in the rest of his game, that he does when running up-the-middle, then he would have proven himself. Until then I wouldn't make a long-term commitment to the guy.

Default LJ Money

LJ is a great player who has deceptive speed and is a bruiser. He deserves a butt load of money because the market has pushed it. With that said he does not deserve what his agents are looking for. LT is a complete player & can do all aspects required in a RB. LJ is better at blocking & his hands are getting softer, but he is not there yet.

Personally I think athletes are ridiculously paid to play games. Bottom line is we all need to take blame for allowing this to happen. If we didn't pay the prices to make the owners money, the owners wouldn't have the money for the (leaches) agents to pull from. I understand the hazards of the NFL and in one play the career is gone. Naturally they want to make sure they are financially set. I would be right there if it were me.
    The system has allowed this to happen.

The post referencing AP's money is where the problem needs to be resolved. If the NFL would slot rookies like the NBA it would solve several problems. Everyone would be in camp on time & it wouldn't allow veteran players the room to say look at the money this unproven kid gets, so I need more than him. If I'm not mistaken I think all of the NBA rookies are under contract including 1 & 2.

My last rant is the players ability to have a good year and then hold out for a new contract with 2-3 years left. I know someone will argue that management can terminate the players anytime, but they can't recoup any up front money. If a player doesn't perform like expected shouldn't the team be able to recoup some of the front money??

Sorry for the rant, this is just a great place to get it off my chest.

As a new member I really appreciate all of the posts without the drama. Keep posting & Go Chiefs!!
    ZONA

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I think all contracts should be incentive based. I am tired of guaranteed money.

That being said, I do think the Adrien Peterson contracts almost forces us to give him at least 18 million guaranteed and 50 mil over 5 years.
    All contracts have only partial guarantees. When guys sign deals for $60 mil over 6 years, they will never reach that mark with out renegotiating before the term of the contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    All contracts have only partial guarantees. When guys sign deals for $60 mil over 6 years, they will never reach that mark with out renegotiating before the term of the contract is up.

Yeah, a player would have to have Marcus Allen staying power and continue to perform at a high level to get all that.

What is he worth? I don't know but everytime I see the Playoff game(07) with the Colts, I wanna throw up when I see him trying to pass block!! sorry but until he can be the "complete" back he is not worth the 28 mil he's asking for. 18 mil guar. 6 yr 55 mil deal -IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    What is he worth? I don't know but everytime I see the Playoff game(07) with the Colts, I wanna throw up when I see him trying to pass block!! sorry but until he can be the "complete" back he is not worth the 28 mil he's asking for. 18 mil guar. 6 yr 55 mil deal -IMO
    Pretty fair, IMO. Although, I was think 20M guaranteed.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Is there any real difference between 17 mil and 20 mil besides ego??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast