Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How much do you think LJ is worth?

Default How much do you think LJ is worth?

Just thinking how LJ ranks to LT. He's no LT, but he's not that far behind. The Vikings signed rookie Peterson for more than we are offering LJ, and he has a major injury on his record AND has never played a down in the NFL. LJ may be no LT, but he definitely plays a vital role on this team. I think that Carl needs to take some of that money from the increased price of tickets and parking and give some of it to LJ instead of pocketing it. I know it's a business to him, but you still have to know what your largest assets are worth. It's worth paying a little more now rather than screwing yourself in the long run.

Anyway, enough rambling...what do you think LJ is worth? And I mean to us, not what kind of deals we can get in a trade situation.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Is there any real difference between 17 mil and 20 mil besides ego??
    What would you do if you didn't feel that you were getting paid what you were worth? And not just in your profession, but for the company you work for?

If the difference was between 17 and 20 million, I would go to work
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If the difference was between 17 and 20 million, I would go to work
    Let's put it into relative terms. $17-20K?

No doubt I would want more money, but I would not stop showing up to work. And we are not talking about 17 k to 20 k, we are talking 17 mil to 20 mil. 17k won't feed my family, 17 mil will!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

No doubt I would want more money, but I would not stop showing up to work.
    Then that would make you a better person than LJ, IMO. This is what he feels he has to do to get what he feels he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Then that would make you a better person than LJ, IMO. This is what he feels he has to do to get what he feels he's worth.
    That is the ego that I was talking about.

That is the ego that I was talking about.
    I can see that point, and I agree. It's not the only thing that could be factoring into it though. Whenever players with less experience and proven ability are signing better contrats than you, though....

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I can see that point, and I agree. It's not the only thing that could be factoring into it though. Whenever players with less experience and proven ability are signing better contrats than you, though....
    I am sure LJ feels the same way most of us do, i think we all know that it comes down to some greasy agent whose main concern is his 14% comission. Greasy agents.....

Heck I'd suit up for the league minimum, but then again I'm old, short, fat and slow.

I am sure LJ feels the same way most of us do, i think we all know that it comes down to some greasy agent whose main concern is his 14% comission. Greasy agents.....
    This is at the heart of the majority of contract problems in the NFL IMO. They're like the league teamsters.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast