Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: How much do you think LJ is worth?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default How much do you think LJ is worth?


    0 Not allowed!
    Just thinking how LJ ranks to LT. He's no LT, but he's not that far behind. The Vikings signed rookie Peterson for more than we are offering LJ, and he has a major injury on his record AND has never played a down in the NFL. LJ may be no LT, but he definitely plays a vital role on this team. I think that Carl needs to take some of that money from the increased price of tickets and parking and give some of it to LJ instead of pocketing it. I know it's a business to him, but you still have to know what your largest assets are worth. It's worth paying a little more now rather than screwing yourself in the long run.

    Anyway, enough rambling...what do you think LJ is worth? And I mean to us, not what kind of deals we can get in a trade situation.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hartford, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,407
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Everyone has to remember one thing about LT. He is a great , Great back , but so was Emmitt behind the superb Dallas line in the 90's . LT wouldn't have been a super hero with what LJ had protecting him. Yeah he had alot of touchdowns but LJ would have as many if we could have got the ball down to the 3 yard line that many times. LT can catch out of the backfield better and thats a huge bonus. LJ need to catch and block better but he is in no way less of a back than LT. LJ is a freak of nature doing what he did with what he had to work with . LT had a stacked team to help him do the things he did.This of course is my opinion and my belief so take it with a grain of salt. { Just how I feel }I say give him what he deserves , at least 24 . Keep in mind I am basing this on how much his team needs him to be a productive offense, Otherwise what we have is a one time pro bowl back in Bennett who only went to the pro bowl once because he was hurt in one way or another every other year. Next we have an older vet who was the best there was two years ago ( the last time he played ) .Who we don't know is even 1/10 of what he was . And a rookie who needs experience to find out what he will become. WE NEED LARRY JOHNSON ! I don't care if I get raked over the coals for this statement . I believe strongly that we will suck severely without him.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 08-11-2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    The South Dakota Crew ( 9 strong ) Tailgated the 09 Draft party !

    http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/YZILLA/Chiefs/


    www.youtube.com/yzilla

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Everyone has to remember one thing about LT. He is a great , Great back , but so was Emmitt behind the superb Dallas line in the 90's . LT wouldn't have been a super hero with what LJ had protecting him. Yeah he had alot of touchdowns but LJ would have as many if we could have got the ball down to the 3 yard line that many times. LT can catch out of the backfield better and thats a huge bonus. LJ need to catch and block better but he is in no way less of a back than LT. LJ is a freak of nature doing what he did with what he had to work with . LT had a stacked team to help him do the things he did.This of course is my opinion and my belief so take it with a grain of salt. { Just how I feel }I say give him what he deserves , at least 24 . Keep in mind I am basing this on how much his team needs him to be a productive offense, Otherwise what we have is a one time pro bowl back in Bennett who only went to the pro bowl once because he was hurt in one way or another every other year. Next we have an older vet who was the best there was two years ago ( the last time he played ) .Who we don't know is even 1/10 of what he was . And a rookie who needs experience to find out what he will become. WE NEED LARRY JOHNSON ! I don't care if I get raked over the coals for this statement . I believe strongly that we will suck severely without him.
    I don't subscribe to the notion that any one player is indispensable. Will we be as good without him? No. Can we win without him? Time will tell; I think we can and may have to. JMHO


  4. #33
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hartford, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,407
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Larry Johnson is nowhere near the talent that Ladanian is. Not in any aspect of the game. Not as a runner, a reciever, a blocker, nor as a passer. Maybe reward him for what he has accomplished, by giving him a raise, for this year, but, I don't want to see the Chiefs unload a truck for several years of contract, until he proves that he can do more than one thing. If he learns to put fourth the same effort in the rest of his game, that he does when running up-the-middle, then he would have proven himself. Until then I wouldn't make a long-term commitment to the guy.
    Think back to last year and tell me who carried the team on his back . Sure we had a few good trick pass plays to the corner of the endzone , but larry was the brunt of the offense and did it without a highpowered line blocking for him.he was only afforded one way to run the ball. yeah I was pissed watching drop a few passes last year but he was money whenever he carried the ball. We could say one man is not the answer and we should never unload a truck to keep him. We could also just be average and only have players who are worth the average salary and be average at best for another 30 plus years. If a Superbowl team is not what we are looking for we could get rid of him . I spend my hard earned money to watch him play . The tickets and parking gets higher and where is that money going ? Toward new luxury boxes for the fatcats . This blue collar guy doesnt want a luxury box . I say we try and get better by paying the workhorses. I really think he has more than proven himself.
    Last edited by YZILLA; 08-11-2007 at 01:41 AM.
    The South Dakota Crew ( 9 strong ) Tailgated the 09 Draft party !

    http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/YZILLA/Chiefs/


    www.youtube.com/yzilla

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Think back to last year and tell me who carried the team on his back . Sure we had a few good trick pass plays to the corner of the endzone , but larry was the brunt of the offense and did it without a highpowered line blocking for him.he was only afforded one way to run the ball. yeah I was pissed watching drop a few passes last year but he was money whenever he carried the ball. We could say one man is not the answer and we should never unload a truck to keep him. We could also just be average and only have players who are worth the average salary and be average at best for another 30 plus years. If a Superbowl team is not what we are looking for we could get rid of him . I spend my hard earned money to watch him play . The tickets and parking gets higher and where is that money going ? I say we try and get better by paying the workhorses. I really think he has more than proven himself.
    ...Agreed he's done as much. It is going to take Carl Peterson letting go of more money then he wants and Larry Johnson settling for less then what he's asking to resolve this matter. IMO


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hartford, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,407
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I aggree carl is the problem and Larry needs to bend a little. Good posting Chiefster
    The South Dakota Crew ( 9 strong ) Tailgated the 09 Draft party !

    http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/YZILLA/Chiefs/


    www.youtube.com/yzilla

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I aggree carl is the problem and Larry needs to bend a little. Good posting Chiefster
    I like yer passion. :)


  8. #37
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...Agreed he's done as much. It is going to take Carl Peterson letting go of more money then he wants and Larry Johnson settling for less then what he's asking to resolve this matter. IMO
    Gee, negotiating. What a concept.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,936
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 422

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Gee, negotiating. What a concept.

    Heh! Yeah go figure. :)


  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    What happened to the concept of contract? You sign u play...Period..The fines are not big enough. (Chump change to them). Trade? Did we get enough for Trent? Should King Carl bend? Beef up "o" line at least for the Q'back-He is going to need it-Oh blitz...
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hartford, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,407
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Sad part is what are we getting in trade for LJ ? First Round Picks don't mean anything if they flake out or get hurt. Its a crap shoot in the draft. there has been many players who come around later in the draft that are much better than the ones getting drafted in round 1. Larry is tried and true and deserves more than what hes getting . How would you feel if you were him? he got the piss ran out of him last year and he held up. he knows any moment he could go down with a career ending injury and that would be it. He went way above what was expected of him last season and therefore he should restructure his contract. I keep coming back to how much more valuable LJ is to us compared to how valuable LT is to the chargers. Not even close . LJ is way more valuable to his team .
    The South Dakota Crew ( 9 strong ) Tailgated the 09 Draft party !

    http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/YZILLA/Chiefs/


    www.youtube.com/yzilla

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •