Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you think LJ is worth?

Default How much do you think LJ is worth?

Just thinking how LJ ranks to LT. He's no LT, but he's not that far behind. The Vikings signed rookie Peterson for more than we are offering LJ, and he has a major injury on his record AND has never played a down in the NFL. LJ may be no LT, but he definitely plays a vital role on this team. I think that Carl needs to take some of that money from the increased price of tickets and parking and give some of it to LJ instead of pocketing it. I know it's a business to him, but you still have to know what your largest assets are worth. It's worth paying a little more now rather than screwing yourself in the long run.

Anyway, enough rambling...what do you think LJ is worth? And I mean to us, not what kind of deals we can get in a trade situation.
    Everything happens for a reason.

20 mil. I think is more then fair.

I think his contract should be incentive based. If he gets run into the ground like last year, I think he should make more than LT money. If he carried the load of a normal RB, then I'd say he should be paid slightly less than LT money.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I think his contract should be incentive based. If he gets run into the ground like last year, I think he should make more than LT money. If he carried the load of a normal RB, then I'd say he should be paid slightly less than LT money.
    IMO, he's already proven his worth. Looking at who we've got for possible backups, and our QB situation, I'd say the likelihood of him seeing a lot of carries again this year is pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    IMO, he's already proven his worth. Looking at who we've got for possible backups, and our QB situation, I'd say the likelihood of him seeing a lot of carries again this year is pretty great.

I don't disagree that LJ will, once a deal is struck, see the majority of carries, but I don't see another 416 carry season for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I don't disagree that LJ will, once a deal is struck, see the majority of carries, but I don't see another 416 carry season for him.
    Me either. Espcecially if Priest can limp onto the field for 3rd downs.

Me either. Espcecially if Priest can limp onto the field for 3rd downs.

Plus splitting time with Bennett.

I think all contracts should be incentive based. I am tired of guaranteed money.

That being said, I do think the Adrien Peterson contracts almost forces us to give him at least 18 million guaranteed and 50 mil over 5 years.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I think all contracts should be incentive based. I am tired of guaranteed money.

That being said, I do think the Adrien Peterson contracts almost forces us to give him at least 18 million guaranteed and 50 mil over 5 years.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post

...If Peterson parts with that kind of money.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast