Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thigpen - too early to say but could end up like Brees

Default Thigpen - too early to say but could end up like Brees

I like what Thiggy's agent said and I really hope it's how TT feels as well.

“Tyler’s not going to be like some players who are put in this position,” Turner said. “He’s not going to ask to be traded or released or anything like that. He’s going to work as hard as he always has.”

If TT keeps his head on straight, things will work out for him. One of my favorite non-Chief players in the league is Drew Brees. He's good yes but what I love about Brees is his determination and how he never gave up on himself even though his organization gave up on him. SD had Brees and drafted Rivers very high. Brees didn't appear to give two sh!ts. He hunkered down and played like a STUD. Ultimately, SD dumped him after his shoulder injury. But he's continued to light it up. Keep ur chin up, TT. You just never know what's going to happen.

I'm sure Thigpen will see some playing time next season. Not as the starter but as a misdirection/gadget play guy like JML keeps saying.

He's a good athelete and you can't tell me that Gailey/Haley would keep him out all the time.

EDIT: And to echo the crowd. There is nothing better then to have solid depth at the Quarterback position

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Cassell was sacked (47) times & Brady (1) and Thiggy (26) times with Huard and Croyle adding (11) more sacks to our total. That says our line may have been doing better than we all think. We just didn't have a defense ranked number 11 ours was ranked 31.
    How many games could we have won last year if our defense was ranked 11th? Guarantee, it would have been enough that everyone would have been on the Thigy bandwagon. We could have easily been 10-5.
    Last edited by prough91; 03-02-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I don't deal in shoulda or could of type scenrio's. Honestly speaking, we had a defense that was ranked 31 in the NFL and wishing and hoping that wasn't the case doesn't matter. Thigpen will back up Cassell , his manager has stated he isn't complaining about it and unless Cassell stinks up the place nothing about that will change so just face facts and try to accept what the reality of the situation is. We have our franchise QB and his name is Matt Cassell.
    Pbbbttttt.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

We of all, NFL Team Fan's, know that there is not to many QB's on the roster! Last season, we lost a starting QB, the #2 QB, and the #3 was the starter, and thankfully survived the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    I like what Thiggy's agent said and I really hope it's how TT feels as well.

“Tyler’s not going to be like some players who are put in this position,” Turner said. “He’s not going to ask to be traded or released or anything like that. He’s going to work as hard as he always has.”

If TT keeps his head on straight, things will work out for him. One of my favorite non-Chief players in the league is Drew Brees. He's good yes but what I love about Brees is his determination and how he never gave up on himself even though his organization gave up on him. SD had Brees and drafted Rivers very high. Brees didn't appear to give two sh!ts. He hunkered down and played like a STUD. Ultimately, SD dumped him after his shoulder injury. But he's continued to light it up. Keep ur chin up, TT. You just never know what's going to happen.
    Thiggie has alot of promise and I believe that if he had another QB that he can watch win games for the chiefs that he might be inspired to show his full potential and give the chiefs other QB a run for his money. That is all that Thiggie needs.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12