Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen - too early to say but could end up like Brees

Default Thigpen - too early to say but could end up like Brees

I like what Thiggy's agent said and I really hope it's how TT feels as well.

“Tyler’s not going to be like some players who are put in this position,” Turner said. “He’s not going to ask to be traded or released or anything like that. He’s going to work as hard as he always has.”

If TT keeps his head on straight, things will work out for him. One of my favorite non-Chief players in the league is Drew Brees. He's good yes but what I love about Brees is his determination and how he never gave up on himself even though his organization gave up on him. SD had Brees and drafted Rivers very high. Brees didn't appear to give two sh!ts. He hunkered down and played like a STUD. Ultimately, SD dumped him after his shoulder injury. But he's continued to light it up. Keep ur chin up, TT. You just never know what's going to happen.

I'm glad to hear that Thigpen didn't throw a fit about this (at least not publicly). I hope he stays on our roster.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that Thigpen didn't throw a fit about this (at least not publicly). I hope he stays on our roster.

jb
    Where does he have room to throw a tantrum? Thigpen is a good #2 player. Still learning. For us before we got Cassel, he was a starter. Because everyone else wasnt up to the task. He is right where he should be.

dont you think if tyler thigpen was on the patriots, he would have done just as good (if not better) than what Matt Cassel did??? Matt Cassel isnt going to have a good defense, Randy Moss, or a solid offensive line next year (in all likeliness)like he did last year....*but he does have Bowe, and TG (crosses fingers...without Tony, we are screwed...)*

....its nice to get Vrabel, but i would think Thigpen shouldve atleast been given a shot at becoming the starter...he is pretty much the same player as Cassel anyways...very similar skill set. and it wouldnt have cost us a 2nd round draft pick to get him (Maualuga, Laurinitis, Cushing, and a few other really good looking linebackers may be available at no.34 overall...)

Honestly, I like Thigpen, I thought he had another year as starter, but Cassel is hands down a better QB...Thiggy can make things happen with his feet, but his arm is pretty inaccurate....Cassel is also the face of a franchise, Thigpen isnt the best at that, watching him complain on a late hit on a TD run with a 30 point defecit clinched it for me...

Realize, this is a guy who had a lot of chances to win games this year, but he didnt show up in the 2nd half, in a spread built to his strengths, he only hit 54 percent of his passes...

Those who say the pats were stacked last year are dead wrong, they were hurt, and not a complete team....not to mention, Thiggy played Oakland/Denver/SD...NE had it a lot tougher with the AFC East Twice a year....

See, Cassel has almost the scrambling ability of thigpen, he just has 3 inches on thigpen, and doesnt run as often...less injuries will happen this way...

the deal was made, thiggy is a number 2. period.

It's funny how the comparisons are drawn between these two QBs. It's simple really, they both came from nowhere last year and earned either a great deal of respect or a cautious amount, well earned none-the-less.

The Chiefs and the Patriots also had a similarity in our constant state of in-repair. The Pats just had more leadership which I believe attests to SDchief09s comments on why M.Cassell won and T.Thigpen lost. As a team the Patriots were able to rally and maybe the football gods have been in there corner and gave a W here and there.

Point is our QB situation is better, the possibility that Cassell won't start is there but it's miniscule. Who knows maybe Haley is the guy Croyle needed and he'll start.

cutler should talk to thig and get some pointers..lmao... I would still love to see thig start next year..

Thig will be a good backup.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieChief 09 View Post
    Thig will be a good backup.
    exactly

I prefer us having one of the better backups in the league.. especially since Cassel could be boom or bust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast