Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shout Out From a Pats Fan

Default Shout Out From a Pats Fan

I'm a hard core Patriots Fan, since way before the bandwagon started rolling in 2001, and with many cold, losing Sunday afternoons in the old Foxboro Stadium to prove it! I also consider myself a fan of the NFL and am pretty knowledgeable about its history. As a result, I have long held the Hunt family and the Texans/Chiefs franchise in high regard for the role they have played in the evolution of the modern NFL.

Like every Pats fan, I was realistic but sad when "Piolichick" was busted up and Scott made his way to Kansas City. But the more I thought about it, there are few places I would rather have seen him go than to the Chiefs. You have a guy at the helm who knows how to build champions; Todd Haley seems to be a perfect complement to him, reminiscent of Pioli's relationship with Coach Belichick.

Now, you have Vrabes and Matt. I think you guys got the better part of the deal but I also think it was a lot more "fair" than some of the mediots are suggesting.

Bottom Line: I now have another team to pull for, except of course, when you're playing the Pats or competing with them for a Playoff spot. Otherwise, I hope you raise Holy Heck in the AFC West and kick some Bronco and Charger butt!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4Chiefs View Post
    Yeah, I don't like em very much either, but they're not gonna be a threat to us for a while. The Broncos and Chargers always give us problems. An extra "L" or two for each of them will always be handy at Playoff time.
    I take every word of that as a compliment! Most Pats fans have learned to "embrace the hate." In fact, we thrive on it. In the post Cap/FA era, no team was supposed to go to five AFCCG's, play in four SB's and win three of them, all in just seven years. If I were you, I'd hate us too; 1970 was a long time ago.

But, I'll still cheer for the Chiefs when they're playing anybody but us or competing for a Playoff spot with us.
    Welcome to the crowd.

Patsfans4chiefs,
    I never and i mean never am nice to opposing teams fans coming in here talking. I will give you credit, you seem like a smart educated person. you have stood here and taken some reticule and only represented your team well with your replies.
    I must agree with Kansas city Chris in that i have never rooted for the pats even though they are AFC. I will be honest to say probably out of resentment. I appreciate you comming in here and hope that you frequent often.
    J

thanks for the support but you wont get any from me i hope the dolphins win the afc east go back to the pats forum

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes, but you left out the raiders.
    with good reason!!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I hear ya, if I was in your shoes I would most likely feel the same way but as for all of your success, it would seem we have the main peice to your puzzle and when your a peice short in the NFL, your stay here is not for long ;) hee hee hee.....
    I would say that you have "a" main piece of the puzzle but not "the" main piece. The way I see it over the past eight years, it's been a combination of the Krafts, Pioli, Belichick and Brady that got the Pats where they are.

I put the Krafts first, because ultimately it is the quality, commitment and focus of ownership that defines the elite franchises of the NFL (I add "focus" because I believe that the Chiefs franchise has the quality of ownership, but that, for whatever reason, it has not been focused on building a winner in recent years--I personally ascribe a lot of that to the illness of Mr. Hunt, one of the great men in the history of the NFL). Ultimately long-term, consistent success in the NFL is driven by ownership. There is no better example of the truth of this than the foolishness of Dan Snyder and Woody Johnson.

That said, I don't think that the Pats yet belong among the elite franchises, but I do think that the Krafts want to take them there, like the Mara's and Rooney's have taken the Giants and Steelers to that level over the decades and as Jerry Jones has done for the Cowboys in recent years and, as much as it hurts me to say this as a Pats fan, the Irsays as well. To do that, Robert and Jonathan Kraft will have to assure that there is a "next act" after Pioli and, yes, after Belichick and Brady as well.

Time, then, will tell whether you are right, our "stay here is not for long" and the Pats are remembered as the team that dominated the 2000's and not as one of the great franchises of the league. However, from what I know of the Krafts, I think they want to move the franchise into that elite company. So, I'd hold off on that prediction for a few years if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by djlewis0714 View Post
    thanks for the support but you wont get any from me i hope the dolphins win the afc east go back to the pats forum
    Awww, you're no fun. But at least you didn't say the Jets, so you can't be all bad.

Awww, you're no fun. But at least you didn't say the Jets, so you can't be all bad.
    I like the Jets, they gave us Her...wait, i hate the jets. stupid jets.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by djlewis0714 View Post
    Cheer for whatever teams you like but you don't have to be ignorant. Grow up.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Patsfans4chiefs,
    I never and i mean never am nice to opposing teams fans coming in here talking. I will give you credit, you seem like a smart educated person. you have stood here and taken some reticule and only represented your team well with your replies.
    I must agree with Kansas city Chris in that i have never rooted for the pats even though they are AFC. I will be honest to say probably out of resentment. I appreciate you comming in here and hope that you frequent often.
    J
    Thanks for the nice words and honesty. I'm not a troll, as you have figured out. I just like to talk NFL with knowledgable folk. And talk some trash when we play each other, of course.

The Chiefs are starting to take on the feel of a team/franchise that I can really like. As long as you were fooling around with Herm (I live in NYC and watched Edwards up close with the Jests for a few years) and Thigpen, I didn't take you seriously. I thought of you as a young team with a great pedigree that had a ton of cap room and potential but no direction, which is fatal in the NFL. Now, I take you seriously. When you become a threat, which will be sooner rather than later, I won't be so "touchy feely."

The Pats fan has more and better posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast