Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shout Out From a Pats Fan

Default Shout Out From a Pats Fan

I'm a hard core Patriots Fan, since way before the bandwagon started rolling in 2001, and with many cold, losing Sunday afternoons in the old Foxboro Stadium to prove it! I also consider myself a fan of the NFL and am pretty knowledgeable about its history. As a result, I have long held the Hunt family and the Texans/Chiefs franchise in high regard for the role they have played in the evolution of the modern NFL.

Like every Pats fan, I was realistic but sad when "Piolichick" was busted up and Scott made his way to Kansas City. But the more I thought about it, there are few places I would rather have seen him go than to the Chiefs. You have a guy at the helm who knows how to build champions; Todd Haley seems to be a perfect complement to him, reminiscent of Pioli's relationship with Coach Belichick.

Now, you have Vrabes and Matt. I think you guys got the better part of the deal but I also think it was a lot more "fair" than some of the mediots are suggesting.

Bottom Line: I now have another team to pull for, except of course, when you're playing the Pats or competing with them for a Playoff spot. Otherwise, I hope you raise Holy Heck in the AFC West and kick some Bronco and Charger butt!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Gotta warn you, I am not one to hold back on much which is how I roll. The fact is, when you remove a gear from a transmission and try to replace it with something similiar but not the very same quality, the transmission causes a drop in horse power. This is how I see what has happened to your Pats. We removed the turbo from your engine and not knowing much about who replaced him , I doubt the person is up to the same par that Scott Pioli brings to the table so I expect that the team will slowly lose it's grip on the AFC East. While your here bro, take a long look at my sig, you are getting sleepy,,, very sleepy.....
    Great response! Thanks. And, the only answer I can come up with is "time will tell." It's also not inconsistent with being a great franchise to wander around in the desert for a few years, as did the Steelers and Giants.

I'm taking a long term view here, which is really the only way to understand the NFL. I think that the Krafts have no intention of selling the team or handing practical control over to anyone else but family, so I think the Pats will be players for a long time. Bob Kraft himself is only 67 and Jonathan is still in his 40's. They have turned a dog team into the second or third most valuable franchise in the NFL. They have no intention of slowing down. So, I'd hedge that bet if I were you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by djlewis0714 View Post
    thanks for the support but you wont get any from me i hope the dolphins win the afc east go back to the pats forum
    Chill, dude. It isn't like this is a Raider's fan. Welcome to our forum.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

I totally agree !
    Hey Patsfan4Chiefs, Your getting sleepier.... You are now under our control .... You will become a Chiefs fan the next time you wake up. You will wake up when you read the last word in this post.
    WAKE UP!
    Worked on me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Being a newer poster here you may want to try and reserve your attitude. The man has just as much right to be here as any of us , plus I am going to try and convert him. ;)

Yea can you believe it even i am being nice to a pats fan or any other for that matter in here..lol Times are changing..

Thats the reason I am who I am and why I can feel confidant of the calls I make. I know how the NFL is and I havewatched it happen with even the best of Organizations. Steelers for example, they have won more SB's than any other team out there but, after they won the first 4 they went through a very long down spell because of the rule changes that hampered their defense and the need to rebuild. Depending on how well Brady actually heeled up and if he is nervous in the pocket now after experiencing a busted knee will define how long the Pats stay where they are right now as we have their backup on our team now, we have their Defensive leader and we have the man that was responsible for bringing in all the talent they have currently. They have alot riding on the fact that Brady is back and your 11 win QB is gone.If I was a Pat fan I would be very worried about that but, I'M NOT
    Once again, every point you make is a good one, and fairly taken. Any Patriots fan who tells you that he isn't concerned about how (and how quickly) Tommy will come back this year is either delusional or lying. The odds are that he'll be just fine after he shakes off the cobwebs and takes some "Welcome Back" hits from opposing D's for a few games. But, there's always a chance that he won't be the same.

My bottom line is that after nine championship games (five AFCG's and four SB's) and three Lombardi's in seven years in the Cap and FA era, it's hard to ask for more. Sure, I'd like Brady to tie Bradshaw and Montana with four rings. I'd like Belichick to join Noll as the only HC with four SB's and challenge Lombardi's five League Championships. The truth is that I'll be disappointed if those things don't happen, but I'll still feel that, as a fan, I've had one of the greatest runs in modern sports history with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4Chiefs View Post
    I'm a hard core Patriots Fan, since way before the bandwagon started rolling in 2001, and with many cold, losing Sunday afternoons in the old Foxboro Stadium to prove it! I also consider myself a fan of the NFL and am pretty knowledgeable about its history. As a result, I have long held the Hunt family and the Texans/Chiefs franchise in high regard for the role they have played in the evolution of the modern NFL.

Like every Pats fan, I was realistic but sad when "Piolichick" was busted up and Scott made his way to Kansas City. But the more I thought about it, there are few places I would rather have seen him go than to the Chiefs. You have a guy at the helm who knows how to build champions; Todd Haley seems to be a perfect complement to him, reminiscent of Pioli's relationship with Coach Belichick.

Now, you have Vrabes and Matt. I think you guys got the better part of the deal but I also think it was a lot more "fair" than some of the mediots are suggesting.

Bottom Line: I now have another team to pull for, except of course, when you're playing the Pats or competing with them for a Playoff spot. Otherwise, I hope you raise Holy Heck in the AFC West and kick some Bronco and Charger butt!
    God bless you for making your heart to hold the chiefs too. I too love the patriots as well as the chiefs. About the chiefs kicking bronco and charger a$$, you are right on the chargers but hey, I like the broncos! They will be nothing without Shanahan.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Default Why you haten on me?

Edited by Coach. dj, please stay on topic and stop picking fights.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Coach; 03-02-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Stop shootin' everybody man!!:victory:
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think what the Pats have done in the era of parity is nothing short of miraculous.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Hey guys, I'm a Patriots fan as well. You guys have some good leadership in Cassel and Vrabel, and I'll be pulling for you in the AFC West. My best friend is a Raider fan, so it gives me somebody to root for in your division against him. I just hope you get some guys for the O-Line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast