Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

Default Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

The Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs guard Brian Waters, according to a trusted source.
    The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.
    Waters has become disenchanted with the additions to the Chiefs organization. According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Waters asked for his release after new general manager Scott Pioli said he had no interest in meeting him. Whitlock said that Waters was “offended and shocked.”
    Also according to the report, several Arizona Cardinals, including Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, gave new head coach Todd Haley less than glowing reviews. Haley was called “condescending and ignored by veterans.”
    While Waters is 32 years of age and the Chiefs offensive line struggled mightily, there is little doubt about his ability to perform. He would be an instant upgrade over Dockery and could give Buffalo one of the finer left sides of the offensive line in the NFL alongside Jason Peters.
    The Bills would likely have to give Waters a new deal. He’s in the fourth year of a six year, $26.5 million deal and has made no bones about declaring himself underpaid.
    While an interest in a Waters trade hasn’t been made public, a source inside the organization tells me the Bills are “very much interested in him.”
    Pioli refused to honor his request to be released and weren’t open to trading him. But that could change after the Chiefs lost a second-round pick in acquiring Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. By trading the displeased Waters, the club could recoup draft picks as well as not have their new franchise quarterback hampered
    per Scout.com

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Is it possible that Pioli dissed Waters on purpose? Knowing Waters could be worth a 2nd rounder to replenish the one spent on the Cassel trade. Is he that shrewd? Like the new lion of the pride is he weeding out the offspring of the old lion?(watching way too much animal planet!!)
    I dont think Pioli is that petty to just diss him, he was just coarse and business like with him from whats being reported and Waters wasn't used to being treated as such with CP/Herm.

This whole Waters incident is, maybe Waters, was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Because we now know Pioli and Hailey, were rather busy on other things.
    So BW, worry about being ready to play, and be in shape to play. Leave the team management where it belongs!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Is it possible that Pioli dissed Waters on purpose? Knowing Waters could be worth a 2nd rounder to replenish the one spent on the Cassel trade. Is he that shrewd? Like the new lion of the pride is he weeding out the offspring of the old lion?(watching way too much animal planet!!)
    na Pioli has business to do and he doesnt need to be weighed down by someone that is already on the payroll. "See me after the Draft and FA" type of additude, is how i see it. Waters is on the bottom of the totempole and he needs to know what the pecking order is. Herm and Peterson never showed him that.

KC Star is a bad source, but Whitlock was the one saying these things...As far as ANY story covering it, even Bob Gretz, Brian was told by Cardinals that Haley was Arrogant, he ran with this after being "blown off" while KC was trying to deal for Cassel...

I understand standing up for him

but the point is

hes not happy
    hes a 32 year old guard that has good value to a team that needs players.

The fact Whitlock continues to bring up Waters in an article about Cassel is proof....hes a soldier remember.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd trade him for a 3rd and a 5th, but it would kind of suck only having 1 lineman on the roster who is anything more than terrible.
    My feelings exactly. All the people speculating about the draft have been talking about linebackers or wide recievers, but IMHO the o-line is what needs the most help.

Maybe we could set up a deal to get rid of Waters & LJ both for really good draft picks. Jerry Jones, are you listening?????

Being 32 isnt much of a knock against waters. O-lineman are known to play at a high level longer than any other position but maybe some QB's

3rd and a 5th is insulting if you ask me, hes a first ballot hall of famer in my book~

first ballot hall of famer? Are you kidding me? you have to be joking...good player....at times was great, but one of the best ever at his position? No way...let alone FIRST BALLOT.

my bad i was getting him confused with will shields.

still. great player, worth more than a 3rd and 5th :P

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It would - but I have a feeling Pioli's burning his anytime minutes trying to sign some decent FAs. Also, we can use these draft picks to pick Waters's successor.

Anyway, and it sounds terrible to say, although Waters is a great LG, he hasn't won us any games. He's replaceable. I don't want to lose him, but we can replace him.

And Haley may be all kinds of @sshole. So was his mentor Parcells. So is Belichek. So are most winning coaches not named Dungy. I don't care if Haley is the meanest sumb!tch alive, so long as he puts a good disciplined team on the field and wins playoff games.
    Waters is a great LG that HAS won us many games, Or atleast helped. Think back please.... Thankyou. LG's dont win you games single handedly, especially with the supporting cast that he had the past two years. We have too many holes as it is and as of right now, he is NOT replaceable.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Being 32 isnt much of a knock against waters. O-lineman are known to play at a high level longer than any other position but maybe some QB's

3rd and a 5th is insulting if you ask me, hes a first ballot hall of famer in my book~
    Not true at all. Most O-linemen are done by the time they hit 34. The grind gets to them more than any other position on the field. WRs and QBs can play at an extremely high level, well into their 30s, in some cases, 40s. The only other position that players naturally retire from earlier than most is RB.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast