Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

Default Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

The Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs guard Brian Waters, according to a trusted source.
    The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.
    Waters has become disenchanted with the additions to the Chiefs organization. According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Waters asked for his release after new general manager Scott Pioli said he had no interest in meeting him. Whitlock said that Waters was “offended and shocked.”
    Also according to the report, several Arizona Cardinals, including Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, gave new head coach Todd Haley less than glowing reviews. Haley was called “condescending and ignored by veterans.”
    While Waters is 32 years of age and the Chiefs offensive line struggled mightily, there is little doubt about his ability to perform. He would be an instant upgrade over Dockery and could give Buffalo one of the finer left sides of the offensive line in the NFL alongside Jason Peters.
    The Bills would likely have to give Waters a new deal. He’s in the fourth year of a six year, $26.5 million deal and has made no bones about declaring himself underpaid.
    While an interest in a Waters trade hasn’t been made public, a source inside the organization tells me the Bills are “very much interested in him.”
    Pioli refused to honor his request to be released and weren’t open to trading him. But that could change after the Chiefs lost a second-round pick in acquiring Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. By trading the displeased Waters, the club could recoup draft picks as well as not have their new franchise quarterback hampered
    per Scout.com

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    9-7 isn't a stretch its what I expect from the Chiefs in 2009 but I don't think it'll win the divison. But with Denver collapsing from within, JMarc still at the helm in Oakland, and Norv Turner still shooting blanks in should win games it could happen the Chiefs take the division.

That being said...

9-7 might might merit a playoff berth if they were to not win the divison but then again it might not especially in the AFC. Just going by last years playoff teams look at New England, 11-5 and left in the dust because the Colts went 12-4 and scooped up the wild card berth since the Titans rocked the divison.

8-8, 9-7 gets you in the playoffs when your divison is in the process of rebuilding/just plaing bad but I don't think it'll be a consistent formula for success. Besides Chiefs got a pretty beastly schedule this year. I'll consider .500 or better a giant leap forward for the Cheifs in building a dynasty.

We'll see...Off season just began, so my assumptions as of right now are all premature and speculative at this point, so don't jot anything down as official.
    I am not looking at 9-7 every year and hoping to make the playoffs, I am saying that if we win our division and the team gets hot in the playoffs then we can contend for the SuperBowl. I also think this will be a pretty damn good team come the 2010 season when we start winning double digit games and we become much more serious contenders!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I am not looking at 9-7 every year and hoping to make the playoffs, I am saying that if we win our division and the team gets hot in the playoffs then we can contend for the SuperBowl. I also think this will be a pretty damn good team come the 2010 season when we start winning double digit games and we become much more serious contenders!!
    I didnt mean for the Chiefs to go 9-7 year in and year out what I meant was 9-7 in the NFL as a whole won't gaurentee you a playoff berth in a typical year.

I can see the Chiefs going under double digit regular season wins and still taking the AFC West if it continues its downward slump as it has been taking on as of late, but I'd be a little suprised if it did happen.

And I'll take post season success of the Cardinals over a double digit regular season win total any day. Let the Chiefs squeak in during the regular season and get hot during the playoffs and all is right. Superbowls cure all potential woes.

I think we have an excellent chance of winning the division next year... I'm not all that impressed w/ any team in the AFC west, and all AFC West teams play the same schedule so hopefully we can come out on top. Just look at how many games we lost last year by one possession (or something close to that)

-New England
    -New York Jets
    -Tampa Bay
    -@ San Diego
    -@ Denver
    -San Diego
    -Miami (we had only a FG in the 2nd half after scoring 4 TD the first half)

All these games w/ the 2 we won and we could have easily been 9-7...

As bad as we were I think this team is oozing w/ potential... if Pioli and Coaching staff can get these young guys together I think we should have a bright season in the AFC West...

And ultimately we need Waters on our O-line leading the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    No way. Waters is the last remnant of the best line in the NFL. Now hes the veteran and proven player the rest of the O line needs.

Hes still got what it takes. Why, if he didnt, why would teams be willing to give up picks for him? A 3rd round pick (alone) is pretty special.
    Yes Way... Take the Homer Glasses... You are living in the past. He made the pro-bowl thanks to Willie Roaf helping him. You can't tell me with a straight face that Brian Waters was oustanding last two years. If you can, you don't watch the line. Brian Waters himself even said he hasn't been playing like he is used.

The bills are interested in him because he would be a good pick up for a team looking to fill one whole on the line to win now. He is not a building block. You could get a viable guard to replace Waters in a year using the 3rd round pick. He could already be replaced with a player on this roster. The Chiefs gave up even more for John Welbourne...If that means anything to people willing to trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes Way... Take the Homer Glasses... You are living in the past. He made the pro-bowl thanks to Willie Roaf helping him. You can't tell me with a straight face that Brian Waters was oustanding last two years. If you can, you don't watch the line. Brian Waters himself even said he hasn't been playing like he is used.

The bills are interested in him because he would be a good pick up for a team looking to fill one whole on the line to win now. He is not a building block. You could get a viable guard to replace Waters in a year using the 3rd round pick. He could already be replaced with a player on this roster. The Chiefs gave up even more for John Welbourne...If that means anything to people willing to trade for him.
    Im not living in the past.

trust me. When Will Shields was gettin blown off the line I looked and said hey he just aint what he used to be. If anybody is a "what have you done for me lately" guy..its me.

And its not Waters time. If it was Waters time, teams wouldnt be trying to obtain him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Brian Waters has done nothing noteable since Willie Roaf Retired. Without Willie Roaf, Waters was nothing but an average LG. He is still making the pro-bowl because it is a popularity contest.

Take off your homer glasses folks and look at this team from they eyes of Piolo and Haley. They are evaluating him based on his play last year. Not what he did years ago where many of you built your loyalty towards him.

If you can get a 3rd or 5th for him. Send his arse packing... If he wants to shut up, stay and play. Fine...
    Yeah. Like things haven't been bad enough with only one real o-lineman, let's get rid of him and run with none.

(Jury's still out on Albert.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. Like things haven't been bad enough with only one real o-lineman, let's get rid of him and run with none.

(Jury's still out on Albert.)
    he isn't the only real one.. Albert actually made him better, but before Thigpen and the spread where Thiggy rolled out of the pocket, Waters was looking Will his last year. The change in the offense complimented with Thigpen hid a lot of inefficiencys of Waters. The running game was still crap and they tried to run behind Waters.

If you can get a third and fifth Take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Im not living in the past.

trust me. When Will Shields was gettin blown off the line I looked and said hey he just aint what he used to be. If anybody is a "what have you done for me lately" guy..its me.

And its not Waters time. If it was Waters time, teams wouldnt be trying to obtain him.
    When did Will Shields get blown off the line?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    When did Will Shields get blown off the line?
    His last season, specifically toward the end was a slight reseblence of Jordan Black. Most fans knew he would retire because it was obvious his body was ready to.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Can you give me any links or proof that he actually made these bashings in public? I would perfer direct quotes from Brian himself not the rumors that were posted on this board a few days back. KC Star makes a living of printing stories about rumors from a reliable source when they think that a player is either getting old or they just need a story so I would like to see the story that says he actually said it in a interview or similiar surroundings as I don't believe that Brian would be that unprofessional as to publically bash the KC Chiefs staff simply because he doesn't like the people Clark Hunt brought in to run the show.
    Dont think he ever did, just said he wanted out. I agree with the fact that he doesn't make much of an impact, but how can losing him improve the Chiefs at all, our O-line has been terrible since we lost Roaf and Shields. I have to disagree on the round 3 and 5 pick for him..he'll get over it and play hard.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345