Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

Hybrid View

Default Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

The Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs guard Brian Waters, according to a trusted source.
    The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.
    Waters has become disenchanted with the additions to the Chiefs organization. According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Waters asked for his release after new general manager Scott Pioli said he had no interest in meeting him. Whitlock said that Waters was “offended and shocked.”
    Also according to the report, several Arizona Cardinals, including Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, gave new head coach Todd Haley less than glowing reviews. Haley was called “condescending and ignored by veterans.”
    While Waters is 32 years of age and the Chiefs offensive line struggled mightily, there is little doubt about his ability to perform. He would be an instant upgrade over Dockery and could give Buffalo one of the finer left sides of the offensive line in the NFL alongside Jason Peters.
    The Bills would likely have to give Waters a new deal. He’s in the fourth year of a six year, $26.5 million deal and has made no bones about declaring himself underpaid.
    While an interest in a Waters trade hasn’t been made public, a source inside the organization tells me the Bills are “very much interested in him.”
    Pioli refused to honor his request to be released and weren’t open to trading him. But that could change after the Chiefs lost a second-round pick in acquiring Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. By trading the displeased Waters, the club could recoup draft picks as well as not have their new franchise quarterback hampered
    per Scout.com

thoughts?

Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Not to mention Tony G could be on his way out...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.
    32 years old is the big negative against him. The Bills will probably overpay for him and

We already have too many holes to fill on the O-line. Trading Waters just adds another one. This wouldnt make sense.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Exactly! too many hole in our offense and defense is just NOT what we need right now! that's why we traded for cassel and vrabel.

Also, the current Bills regime is looking to win now. The current folks have lost a lot of games and they want to make the playoffs in 2009.

I we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder, we need to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Can you give me any links or proof that he actually made these bashings in public? I would perfer direct quotes from Brian himself not the rumors that were posted on this board a few days back. KC Star makes a living of printing stories about rumors from a reliable source when they think that a player is either getting old or they just need a story so I would like to see the story that says he actually said it in a interview or similiar surroundings as I don't believe that Brian would be that unprofessional as to publically bash the KC Chiefs staff simply because he doesn't like the people Clark Hunt brought in to run the show.
    I agree I want to see some direct quotes but if so so be it send him on his way to Buffalo maybe him and TO can whine together.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    We already have too many holes to fill on the O-line. Trading Waters just adds another one. This wouldnt make sense.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I agree losing waters would hurt us even more. restructure his contract for 3 more years and pay him.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would rather keep him. But if he is going to be dealt, it had better be for at least a 2nd rd pick so we can replace him with the pick. A 3rd and something is not enough IMO.
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    It pains me to say this but Chiefs aren't going to be a contender next year or in 2010 so if the Bills are willing to trade us a 2nd or some variance of multiple picks I say take it there are moves still to be made in Free Agency that can sure up the line and we can adress line throughout the draft as well.
    oh yes they will! u have to believe. ever heard of the 2007 to 2008 Dolphins?

KC Star is a bad source, but Whitlock was the one saying these things...As far as ANY story covering it, even Bob Gretz, Brian was told by Cardinals that Haley was Arrogant, he ran with this after being "blown off" while KC was trying to deal for Cassel...

I understand standing up for him

but the point is

hes not happy
    hes a 32 year old guard that has good value to a team that needs players.

The fact Whitlock continues to bring up Waters in an article about Cassel is proof....hes a soldier remember.
    Thats right. hey, i know a team that needs value players! The Kansas City Chiefs would be a great fit.

oh wait, we already have him.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post

I know he's getting old but he still has about 2-4 good years left in him...I think he's more important to the O-line the next 2 years than most people think...

Our line would be miserable the next 2-4 years if we filled our O-line w/ low round draft picks...

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    oh yes they will! u have to believe. ever heard of the 2007 to 2008 Dolphins?
    I said 'contender' as in Superbowl. Making the playoffs either by winning the AFC West or a wild card berth would be a monumental step in the right direction and really sell the Chiefs to the rest of the league as an up and coming contender with Pioli/Haley at the helm but aside from that its just a flash in the pan (like the Dolphins were last season).

The fastest timetable in which I could feasibly see the Chiefs becoming a legitimate superbowl threat would be the 2010 season at the earliest.

Unless Pioli strikes gold with every pick in the draft and FA signing and all are considered selfless Chiefs loving pro bowl caliber players I can't say in all good faith that the Chiefs make the Superbowl in 09. I'll support the Chiefs till my dying day but I can't let my irrational addiction to everything Chiefs swamp my common sense...At least not during the off season

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    I said 'contender' as in Superbowl.
    The Cards were 9-7 last year. I dont know how people can saw we will not contend yet we have not even seen who is gonna be playing in September. Call me a homer if u must but 9-7 does not seem like a real strech to me!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast