Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

Default Bills interested in OG Brian Waters

The Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for disgruntled Kansas City Chiefs guard Brian Waters, according to a trusted source.
    The Bills, in the market for a new left guard after releasing Derrick Dockery on Thursday, could be looking to land the four-time Pro Bowler for a deal similar to the Marcus Stroud trade last year, when they gave up third and fifth round draft picks.
    Waters has become disenchanted with the additions to the Chiefs organization. According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Waters asked for his release after new general manager Scott Pioli said he had no interest in meeting him. Whitlock said that Waters was “offended and shocked.”
    Also according to the report, several Arizona Cardinals, including Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, gave new head coach Todd Haley less than glowing reviews. Haley was called “condescending and ignored by veterans.”
    While Waters is 32 years of age and the Chiefs offensive line struggled mightily, there is little doubt about his ability to perform. He would be an instant upgrade over Dockery and could give Buffalo one of the finer left sides of the offensive line in the NFL alongside Jason Peters.
    The Bills would likely have to give Waters a new deal. He’s in the fourth year of a six year, $26.5 million deal and has made no bones about declaring himself underpaid.
    While an interest in a Waters trade hasn’t been made public, a source inside the organization tells me the Bills are “very much interested in him.”
    Pioli refused to honor his request to be released and weren’t open to trading him. But that could change after the Chiefs lost a second-round pick in acquiring Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots. By trading the displeased Waters, the club could recoup draft picks as well as not have their new franchise quarterback hampered
    per Scout.com

thoughts?

Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Not to mention Tony G could be on his way out...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post
    Waters is not happy, hes 32, and if they offer a 3 and a 5...KC outta take it...I know hes been great, but Herman Johnson in round 3 sounds good to me, plus, having another third lets KC have room to make some moves...

Im more worried about Cassel's contract, but Waters should be dealt, at that age, with his morale....yep.

Whitlock can make references to the wire all he wants, 5-oh and soldiers, thats fine, but Waters doesnt fit here now, hes made that clear first day of free agency bashing the new head coach publicly.
    32 years old is the big negative against him. The Bills will probably overpay for him and

I'd trade him for a 3rd and a 5th, but it would kind of suck only having 1 lineman on the roster who is anything more than terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SDChief09 View Post

Also, the current Bills regime is looking to win now. The current folks have lost a lot of games and they want to make the playoffs in 2009.

I we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder, we need to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd trade him for a 3rd and a 5th, but it would kind of suck only having 1 lineman on the roster who is anything more than terrible.
    It would - but I have a feeling Pioli's burning his anytime minutes trying to sign some decent FAs. Also, we can use these draft picks to pick Waters's successor.

Anyway, and it sounds terrible to say, although Waters is a great LG, he hasn't won us any games. He's replaceable. I don't want to lose him, but we can replace him.

And Haley may be all kinds of @sshole. So was his mentor Parcells. So is Belichek. So are most winning coaches not named Dungy. I don't care if Haley is the meanest sumb!tch alive, so long as he puts a good disciplined team on the field and wins playoff games.

LJ and Waters to Philly for one of there 1st rounders. Philly needs Oline help and a power RB

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    LJ and Waters to Philly for one of there 1st rounders. Philly needs Oline help and a power RB
    Philly just signed Stacy Andrews for their OL. And there's no way they pay LJ's salary.

I'd say this would work out for us...our O-Line is putrid, but Waters is going on 33 years old, and a couple more draft picks would definitely be a plus. I would take it if it was offered.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    It would - but I have a feeling Pioli's burning his anytime minutes trying to sign some decent FAs. Also, we can use these draft picks to pick Waters's successor.

And Haley may be all kinds of @sshole. So was his mentor Parcells. So is Belichek. So are most winning coaches not named Dungy. I don't care if Haley is the meanest sumb!tch alive, so long as he puts a good disciplined team on the field and wins playoff games.
    AMEN brother!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast