Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How seriously do you take female football fans?

Default How seriously do you take female football fans?

On another board I visit, females are more for the guy's entertainment than anything. That's not bad, but it's nice to be taken seriously every once in awhile.

I post things on football topics, and people always overlook my post, but respond to a guy who has posted basically the same thing I did. Yet, whenever I say something idiotic, they're the first ones to jump all over you. Not everyone is like that, but there are enough that are that it irritates me sometimes.

What's your take on female football posters and fans?

Also, if a chick knows her football, is that something that interests you, or would they automatically be considered "one of the guys"?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Regardless of your football knowledge luv anyone who considers you one of the guys either has a collective IQ equaling his shoe size or is in dire need of glasses.

You're a Chiefs fan; that in itself is enough to take you serious. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    On another board I visit, females are more for the guy's entertainment than anything. That's not bad, but it's nice to be taken seriously every once in awhile.

I post things on football topics, and people always overlook my post, but respond to a guy who has posted basically the same thing I did. Yet, whenever I say something idiotic, they're the first ones to jump all over you. Not everyone is like that, but there are enough that are that it irritates me sometimes.

Also, if a chick knows her football, is that something that interests you, or would they automatically be considered "one of the guys"?
    I base it on whether the person knows what they are talking about rather than just a person's sex. And I'm not just saying that. For instance, about 6 months ago we had a women get on these boards and she got trashed. I felt bad about it. But the reason she was trashed was because she didn't know her stuff and she began making personal attacks on people. IN the last month, we had another person named 'Sweets' join this board and everyone here respects the creap out of her because we know that she knows her stuff.

If you make knowledgable posts, people will pick it up. All of us can learn something about the Chiefs and football, and I think that is the idea behind these forums. Don't be afraid to ask "dumb" questions, because that is how you become more knowledgable.

From what I've read of your posts, you seem knowledgable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I base it on whether the person knows what they are talking about rather than just a person's sex. And I'm not just saying that. For instance, about 6 months ago we had a women get on these boards and she got trashed. I felt bad about it. But the reason she was trashed was because she didn't know her stuff and she began making personal attacks on people. IN the last month, we had another person named 'Sweets' join this board and everyone here respects the creap out of her because we know that she knows her stuff.

If you make knowledgable posts, people will pick it up. All of us can learn something about the Chiefs and football, and I think that is the idea behind these forums. Don't be afraid to ask "dumb" questions, because that is how you become more knowledgable.

Amen! to that my Chiefs brother!

Good. I'm glad I've come across that way early. I tend to "flirt" (as much as you can flirt online) and joke around a lot. All in fun, but it does tend to cost me some credibility points. Hoping that all evens out here.

Thanks.

Good. I'm glad I've come across that way early. I tend to "flirt" (as much as you can flirt online) and joke around a lot. All in fun, but it does tend to cost me some credibility points. Hoping that all evens out here.

Thanks.

We all post our fair share of tripe here all in good fun, but at the same time we all respect one another's right to our own opinions without personal attacks.

Thanks.
    Flirting could get you green rep in deez parts.

Some how I don't see that happening with me; not that I'd want it to.

Eh. I'm not in it for the rep. I'm in it for the chatting, and making friends. Besides, the only people I've gotten rep from have been you, Chiefster, and my pal Guru.

Hell, I thought you were an idiot before you started proving how much you knew. Now I know you are.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast