Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlook on 2009 AFC West?

Default Outlook on 2009 AFC West?

Ok, last year the winner of the AFC West came down to the last game of the season(San Diego vs. Denver), and the winner finished 8-8. So far, San Diego hasn't done a whole lot to improve their team, though it is early so far. We took a huge step in getting Vrabel and Cassel, and we have the #3 pick, with 50mil in cap space. I like our odds of improving our team a lot more than we already have this offseason.

We have a young team with loads of potential, our defense will be adjusting after switching to a 3-4 style D. Cassel needs some beef in front of him on this offensive line before we can be effective on the ground and through the air. I think we are going to go O-Line now with this #3 pick(but I still think we should go Curry). If we can pick up some odds and ends via free agency in the next month or so, I think it could help immensely.

I don't think we are going to win the division this season(but I guess it's not out of the question). If I had to be realistic about this upcoming season, and assuming all four teams continue to improve this offseason, I think we'll finish 3rd. I think San Diego is still the best team in this division. Denver is also being very active so far this offseason in signing Brian Dawkins, getting Andra Davis, and Correll Buckhalter. We just acquired Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel via the new New England-Kansas City connection. Oakland hasn't done much so far, but I could see Darren McFadden and JaMarcus Russell emerging as great players next season. It's still early, but this is making out to be probably the most competitive division next season.

1. San Diego (11-5)
    2. Denver (10-6)
    3. Kansas City (8-8)
    4. Oakland (6-10)

Just wanted to get some spectulation on next season, even though it still is early and we haven't gotten to the draft just yet. But anywho, thoughts?
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Man guys I honestly think its gonna be another hard year for us. I mean our schedule is sooo much harder then last, but lets take a look.

(We do not know the order yet)

Raiders: 2-0
    Chargers: 1-1
    Denver: 1-1
    Cinnzy: 1-0
    Ravens: 0-1
    Red Skins: 1-0
    Philly: 0-1
    Giants: 0-1
    Dallas: 0-1
    Steelers: 0-1
    Browns: 1-0
    Jags: 0-1
    Bills: 1-0

SO being pretty generous we go (8-8). This coudl win our division sooo who knows hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12