Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still no o-line free agency signings

Default still no o-line free agency signings

i like the pick up of cassel and vrabel love the fact that we got pioli and haley but what the hell we need some offensive lineman in here quick we are not going to be able to draft them all i really hope they have something in mind

We need a center and a right guard (the most anyways). If you look at the free agents though, any centers or guards really worth a damn are taken already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    We need a center and a right guard (the most anyways). If you look at the free agents though, any centers or guards really worth a damn are taken already.
    We also need a Right tackle...don't forget that!!! Big Mac is a journey man who shouldn't be starting for any NFL team as a RT...fat and slow is how I'd describe him, and better suited to play the guard position.

Herm made Big D. Macintosh sound like he was the answer and cure to all the O-line troubles but he was wrong...once again

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    What about Khalif Barnes? What do you guys think of him?
    Khalif Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Khalif Barnes
    I like him but is he going to visit? Are the Chiefs going to sign him without seeing him? We have no way of knowing anything and it kind of sucks when you want to know some answers.

But there are a few possibilities at RT. Mark Taucsher, Marc Colombo, or Ray Willis. As for a OG, Jahri Evans of the Saints is a good guard at 25 years old, and at least fills the position well. The one I'm most interested in (after Barnes that is) is Tyson Clabo. He played great for Atl last season, but has not be re-signed yet. He has great size and is only 27 years old. There are possibilities out there, but no one knows what kind of moves we are making behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    We also need a Right tackle...don't forget that!!! Big Mac is a journey man who shouldn't be starting for any NFL team as a RT...fat and slow is how I'd describe him, and better suited to play the guard position.

Herm made Big D. Macintosh sound like he was the answer and cure to all the O-line troubles but he was wrong...once again
    I disagree. I think McIntosh came on, the further the season went along, and with Herb Taylor and our other drafted OT last year, I'm not sure right tackle is a spot we need to go spend a bunch of money on.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i like the pick up of cassel and vrabel love the fact that we got pioli and haley but what the hell we need some offensive lineman in here quick we are not going to be able to draft them all i really hope they have something in mind
    They have done things pretty good so far just set back and enjoy the ride everything does not have to happen right this minute. Good thing come to those who wait, as the saying goes.

what ever happened to barry richardson? did he ever show any promise as a starter? granted he was a rookie last season...

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Khalif Barnes
    He looked great as a rookie, but then gave up 7.5 sacks last year and had a lot of penalties on him too.

Well Albert is the only guy guarenteed to start on that line this upcoming year, but it may not matter as much if they pass a lot out of the gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast