Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

Default Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..

Resident Celebrity

I always wanted one of those three breasted ladies that live on Mars. But I never got one. I don't think Roger has time to investigate every deal that some writer trying to promote his blog has a problem with. What exactly were the Pats supposed to receive for a guy that started 15 or 16 games in the NFL and had inherited a 16-0 regular season offense? This is mere puffery, nothing more.

I think we all agree...Marrioti is as stupid as he looks.

What a fool. im hoping that Goodell will spit in his face. it might make an improvement lol

Why would Goodell give this guy the time of day? It's a columnist, who writes his *opinion*. Not sure why the NFL commissioner would even bother with this guy's paranoid conspiracy theory.

JB

What a fool. Vrabel's an older LB, and Cassel is as unproven as Thigpen is. Sorry, but it's the truth. Given the age of Vrabel, and the BIG, FAT QUESTION MARK that is Matt Cassel, I think a second round pick is a perfectly fair trade.

On top of that, Brady's young enough to have plenty of good years left in him for NE to draft and groom a replacement QB - in other words, they had no use for Matt.

Regardless of having use for him, Schaub, less proven, with little use when Vick had not been investigated yet...2 2nd round picks...

Lito Shephard, a 3rd corner on his team, goes for a 2 and a 5...Winslow will be for more than a 2...and his knees will be gone by the time hes 30..

However, its a heck of a pick, Bill didnt want to cut Vrabel, he wanted to put him in a good spot, KC is a spot he gets to play, be a leader, and Cassel gets to play, and be a star....

You are right that if it doesnt work, its just a 2nd round pick, no damage to the chiefs based on recent 2nd round picks not named Flowers.

I think the Pats could have had more, however, this was the best move if Bill is friends with Scott Pioli, Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel. Marrioti, has a problem with that...honestly, I dont see why, certain teams trade better with others...this is a known fact.

Even if things "smell" as the article says, I think it will be all for the good of the chiefs. We need a little controversy to get people thinking of the chiefs in a different light.
    I'm thinking that maybe there is more, that the patriot fans were told as much or little as we were. It has me wondering...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Im somewhat perplexed at whats supposed to be investigated. Its a mutual agreement.

Does he think Pioli went in there with a bunch of gangsters, held a gun to Belichecks head and said "Cassell and Vrabel for 2nd rounder. And if you talk bout what happened hear, Ill come back for you."

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    What a fool. im hoping that Goodell will spit in his face. it might make an improvement lol
    Goodell won't even waste a minute of his time to spit on Marriotti. If this idiot has never looked like an a$$ before, he's made up for lost time with this latest masterpiece. What a dumba$$.
    SHUT IT

People are just overreacting to the fact that the jury was out that Cassel's worth was supposed to be higher. The problem is that in spite of what people thought Cassel was supposedly worth or what transpired in past deals (Matt Schaub was traded for 2 second round picks in the past) the Team (Pats) with the franchise player (Cassel) is allowed to dictate the movement of that player to whatever team they want for whatever price tag regardless of how little they request/recieve in return.

Its not too 'fishy' as well seeing as how the Pats now have 4 Picks in the top 50 and freed up $18 million dollars in cap space to sign their own pending free agent for 2010 and incoming draftees/FAs they acquire.

People are looking for another Belichick controversy rather then looking at the financial benifits of the entire deal which was what I think this entire deal was based around on the Pats side of the equation.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 03-02-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast