Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

Default Jay Marrioti wants the Pats - Chiefs trade investigated!

What a d***.

Here is the source Kansas City's Sweetheart Deal for Cassel Warrants NFL Probe

oh and this is my first post.. Couldn't pass up posting this. I didn't see another thread about this..

Resident Celebrity

Marriotti is a douche.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

The idiot will get over it. There is NOTHING to investigate.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Exactly what I would expect from someone(Marrioti) who doesn't understand football. If he understood football, he would understand that the Pats didn't want our 1st round pick. The money they would have to pay that person would have offset the cap room cleared by this trade. The trade was made by NE for exactly that purpose, to clear cap room.
    Coach, really?

I can not be convinced that anyone actually believes that.

That's like saying that Bill Gates has too much money to fit into his bank, so he has decided to take less money until he can get rid of some.

The value of a higher pick is whatever value they want it to be, below that spot.

The cap situation would be easily worked around, because they could always trade the high pick for a lower pick, and a future fourth round pick. (or something like that)

At the absolute worst, the can just let their selection be passed over until they find the exact spot that they want to draft at.

There is no way that The Pats wanted a lower pick. Not for cap reasons. Not for any reason. It is just completely illogical.

And if they were to try and suggest that they took less from The Chiefs for that reason, then they will be ripped to shreds, as that would be a bold-faced lie.

If they took less from The Chiefs, than what some other team was offering, then it was about some personal issue with Pioli.

But I don't know why anyone would offer much more than what we did.

Cassel played in the most QB-friendly offense in the league, for one season, and did pretty well.

Before Brady got hurt, Cassel wasn't worth a seventh round pick. Hell, he got demoted to third string in '07 for horrendous play.

I don't imagine that there were too terribly many offers out there for him. And I doubt that any of them were better than the one we made.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

We coulda traded for the next 10 yrs of 7th round picks and it wouldnt have violated anything. Everyone is upset since the Donks now have a upset QB. Thing everyone is upset about is that there is now a bond between the Chiefs and the Pats. Did anyone want to investigate why the Chiefs got 3 diffrent 49er QB's? Everyone needs to screw off that is PO'd about the deal.

As a fan, there's not much to feel good about going 6--26 over the last two seasons, EXCEPT that you avoid the kind of idiocy that is regularly sprewed forth by fools like Jay Marrioti. Welcome to my world as a Pats fan. We have to deal with morons like this trying to get cheap headlines or web clicks at the expense of truth and reason every day of the week, because the Pats and Belichick make good copy.

Advice: just ignore these people. They have no impact whatsoever on what happens between the lines on Sunday. They want you to get upset and "respond" to them. Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    The idiot will get over it. There is NOTHING to investigate.
    Yup! Nothing to see here; move along.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234