Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook on 2009 AFC West?

Default Outlook on 2009 AFC West?

Ok, last year the winner of the AFC West came down to the last game of the season(San Diego vs. Denver), and the winner finished 8-8. So far, San Diego hasn't done a whole lot to improve their team, though it is early so far. We took a huge step in getting Vrabel and Cassel, and we have the #3 pick, with 50mil in cap space. I like our odds of improving our team a lot more than we already have this offseason.

We have a young team with loads of potential, our defense will be adjusting after switching to a 3-4 style D. Cassel needs some beef in front of him on this offensive line before we can be effective on the ground and through the air. I think we are going to go O-Line now with this #3 pick(but I still think we should go Curry). If we can pick up some odds and ends via free agency in the next month or so, I think it could help immensely.

I don't think we are going to win the division this season(but I guess it's not out of the question). If I had to be realistic about this upcoming season, and assuming all four teams continue to improve this offseason, I think we'll finish 3rd. I think San Diego is still the best team in this division. Denver is also being very active so far this offseason in signing Brian Dawkins, getting Andra Davis, and Correll Buckhalter. We just acquired Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel via the new New England-Kansas City connection. Oakland hasn't done much so far, but I could see Darren McFadden and JaMarcus Russell emerging as great players next season. It's still early, but this is making out to be probably the most competitive division next season.

1. San Diego (11-5)
    2. Denver (10-6)
    3. Kansas City (8-8)
    4. Oakland (6-10)

Just wanted to get some spectulation on next season, even though it still is early and we haven't gotten to the draft just yet. But anywho, thoughts?
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

I agree and must say that for the $$$$ Curry will be the best pick at #3 if he is still there.

WAAAAYYYYYYY too early for this thread. Let's wait until the draft at least!

EDIT: Although I'm guessing 5-11 for the Donks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    WAAAAYYYYYYY too early for this thread. Let's wait until the draft at least!

EDIT: Although I'm guessing 5-11 for the Donks.

LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLL

It's never too early to speculate, but yea I think Curry is the best value at the #3 spot.
    2009 Chiefs - The start of a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieChief 09 View Post
    Ok, last year the winner of the AFC West came down to the last game of the season(San Diego vs. Denver), and the winner finished 8-8. So far, San Diego hasn't done a whole lot to improve their team, though it is early so far. We took a huge step in getting Vrabel and Cassel, and we have the #3 pick, with 50mil in cap space. I like our odds of improving our team a lot more than we already have this offseason.

We have a young team with loads of potential, our defense will be adjusting after switching to a 3-4 style D. Cassel needs some beef in front of him on this offensive line before we can be effective on the ground and through the air. I think we are going to go O-Line now with this #3 pick(but I still think we should go Curry). If we can pick up some odds and ends via free agency in the next month or so, I think it could help immensely.

I don't think we are going to win the division this season(but I guess it's not out of the question). If I had to be realistic about this upcoming season, and assuming all four teams continue to improve this offseason, I think we'll finish 3rd. I think San Diego is still the best team in this division. Denver is also being very active so far this offseason in signing Brian Dawkins, getting Andra Davis, and Correll Buckhalter. We just acquired Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel via the new New England-Kansas City connection. Oakland hasn't done much so far, but I could see Darren McFadden and JaMarcus Russell emerging as great players next season. It's still early, but this is making out to be probably the most competitive division next season.

1. San Diego (11-5)
    2. Denver (10-6)
    3. Kansas City (8-8)
    4. Oakland (6-10)

Just wanted to get some spectulation on next season, even though it still is early and we haven't gotten to the draft just yet. But anywho, thoughts?

2 winning records, from what we just produced last year against weaker divisions. No way. We have to play against the NFC East, and AFC North. Last year we played NFC South, and AFC East. If we have someone with a winning record in our division next year, that would be quite a feat. Nice excitement from ya though

No way Denver goes 10-6

SD (11-5)
    KC(9-7)
    Den(7-9)
    Oak(4-12)
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

why is SD the best in this division? LT has lost a step Sproles will not carry them. Maybe we can get Igor from them. Heck we almost(I know, it does not count) beat them twice ending up losing by a point in both games. The Donks are going to be in turmoil(after the Cutler trade fiasco-probably planned by Pioli and Belichick)and the Faders......enough said. Until I'm proven wrong....WE win the division!(the power of positive thinking)

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    why is SD the best in this division? LT has lost a step Sproles will not carry them. Maybe we can get Igor from them. Heck we almost(I know, it does not count) beat them twice ending up losing by a point in both games. The Donks are going to be in turmoil(after the Cutler trade fiasco-probably planned by Pioli and Belichick)and the Faders......enough said. Until I'm proven wrong....WE win the division!(the power of positive thinking)
    Amen!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I personally think that we will be undefeated until we lose.

Chiefs will win the AFC West.
    Homer am I.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast