Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Kansas City Patriots?

Default The Kansas City Patriots?

Is that what we are becoming?

We have their GM, a coach that was tied to them, now we are making deals for their players.

I know I am gonna take some hits for this but I am not too thrilled about the Cassell/Vrabel trade.

To me..And this is my opinion, Cassell is not the answer. He had a very good year due to great coaching and dumbing down the playbook. The team is what made his success last year.

Vrabel is too old and slow for a starting linebacker position. Don't quite see what he is bringing to the table at this point.

Hope it all works out though!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I am well aware of just how good Matt Cassell is. All a person has to do is do a little bit of research and they can see just how good of a season he had last season and if a person digs hard enough they can find out why the Trojans recruited him. I for one can't wait to see him light up defenses with Tony G and DBowe
    ALL of that sounds good and I hope it happens but TG and DB are not the same recieving corp that Cassell had in NE. Every ball handler on that team, RB's especially, contributed greatly with pass receptions.

If our RB's become a pass threat and if we get a speedy possession WR (Welker style), then things can be as bright as ever.

Cheers!

WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

There is no way but the Chiefs way! Pioli is a Chief now, so it is the Chiefs way!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    ALL of that sounds good and I hope it happens but TG and DB are not the same recieving corp that Cassell had in NE. Every ball handler on that team, RB's especially, contributed greatly with pass receptions.

If our RB's become a pass threat and if we get a speedy possession WR (Welker style), then things can be as bright as ever.

Cheers!
    No TG and Bowe are not Welker and Moss, but they're close enough.

This happens whenever you move front office staff. We have a few old Herm players- we've started to get some Cardinal people. No biggie.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    No TG and Bowe are not Welker and Moss, but they're close enough.
    No, not really. Plus, compare RB receptions/ydg and rushing yardage between the Chiefs and Pats. That makes a huge difference in how the game is played.

2 facking recieving weapons vs 7 or 8? C'mon man! LOL!

Players and otherwise employees change teams through their choice or not their choice; it happens all the time.

About your crack about the Kansas City Patriots - I couldn't find a better team to be like. You got to remember that the majority here was for Pioli being signed on. Me persononally - I thought he could give the chiefs a much needed nose job.
    I wanted Cassel as a chief even before the season ended. I know he can be what we need in a QB. Cassel and Thiggie Pop can battle it out for thew starting position, I really don't care. Do we still have Thiggie??
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

If it wins games I can't see how anyone can argue with it.

And I find it funny how people can throw Tony Gonzalez under the bus so quickly and say he's not a comparable weapon to Moss or Welker in his own game.

That's asinine and just people looking for holes to fill their poor argument with. If Tony G isn't Tony G, Thigpen looks like garbage and all this love that people have for him is non existent and nobody wants him around for 2009, the Chiefs look worse then the Lions and we have no real football caliber players.

And Dwayne Bowe isn't comparable to Wes Welker or Moss as well? Here's the reception stats for all four of them

KC: TONY G and DWAYNE BOWE

Tony: 96 Reception, 1058 Yards, 10 TDs
    Bowe: 86 Receptions, 1022 Yards, 7 TDs

Total: 182 Receptions, 2080 Yards, 17 TDs

NE: MOSS and WELKER

Moss: 69 Receptions, 1008 Yards, 11 TDs
    Welker: 111 Reception, 1165 Yards, 3 TDs

Total: 180 Receptions, 2173 Yards, 14 TDs

Thats a 2 Reception, 93 yards, 3 TD difference. That isnt huge.

This huge descrepency that everyone thinks is between the top two recieving weapons for the Chiefs and the Pats is non existant.

You need to get over the name Randy Moss and bring him down from whatever mythic level you've put him at. Welker is like any other possesion reciever and does well in making the YAC (yards after catch). ESPN analyst don't know everything

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Do we still have Thiggie??
    Yes, Thigpen is still a Chief as of now

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    And Dwayne Bowe isn't comparable to Wes Welker or Moss as well? Here's the reception stats for all four of them

I, for one, didn't realize they were that close. Good stat hunting, props.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    If it wins games I can't see how anyone can argue with it.

And I find it funny how people can throw Tony Gonzalez under the bus so quickly and say he's not a comparable weapon to Moss or Welker in his own game.

That's asinine and just people looking for holes to fill their poor argument with. If Tony G isn't Tony G, Thigpen looks like garbage and all this love that people have for him is non existent and nobody wants him around for 2009, the Chiefs look worse then the Lions and we have no real football caliber players.

This huge descrepency that everyone thinks is between the top two recieving weapons for the Chiefs and the Pats is non existant.

You need to get over the name Randy Moss and bring him down from whatever mythic level you've put him at. Welker is like any other possesion reciever and does well in making the YAC (yards after catch). ESPN analyst don't know everything
    And dont forget Vrabel lol he is an endzone threat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast