Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Kansas City Patriots?

Default The Kansas City Patriots?

Is that what we are becoming?

We have their GM, a coach that was tied to them, now we are making deals for their players.

I know I am gonna take some hits for this but I am not too thrilled about the Cassell/Vrabel trade.

To me..And this is my opinion, Cassell is not the answer. He had a very good year due to great coaching and dumbing down the playbook. The team is what made his success last year.

Vrabel is too old and slow for a starting linebacker position. Don't quite see what he is bringing to the table at this point.

Hope it all works out though!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Don't forget that Thigpen had a habit of throwing INT's or just not getting the ball to receivers when pressured or in game winning situations.
    Thig never stood a chance with this offense. He was constantly pressured. Bowe was constantly running sideline routes which takes away opportunities. Piss-poor coaching IMO. Thig played well despite Herm. I doubt anyone else could've done any better. JMHO.
    SHUT IT

If we start winning superbowls then who the F cares???

Actually we are the Kansas City Tigers

we have at least 2 players from LSU
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by kuchief View Post
    Actually we are the Kansas City Tigers

we have at least 2 players from LSU
    at least 3 that I know of.... Bowe, Dorsey, Niswanger. They all played together at one point too.

Originally Posted by KansasCityChris
    Don't forget that Thigpen had a habit of throwing INT's or just not getting the ball to receivers when pressured or in game winning situations.
    Thats a bad comparison. Thigpen, 12 INTs to Cassels 11 INTs

Tho Cassel had 21 TDs for Thiggys 18.

Still bad tho, everyone throws picks.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Kansas City Patriots? Are you kidding me? Shootfire, we might as well add Moss and Welker to help out Bowe.

I was kind of making fun of this thread (with Canada) in other threads.

But in some aspects, its actually its a decent thread. Considering the way we are making changes in personnel and D schemes. I can see what dbolan is talking bout.

And if we land Crennell it would be all the more so.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Is that what we are becoming?

We have their GM, a coach that was tied to them, now we are making deals for their players.

I know I am gonna take some hits for this but I am not too thrilled about the Cassell/Vrabel trade.

To me..And this is my opinion, Cassell is not the answer. He had a very good year due to great coaching and dumbing down the playbook. The team is what made his success last year.

Vrabel is too old and slow for a starting linebacker position. Don't quite see what he is bringing to the table at this point.

Hope it all works out though!
    Not here to defend the Pats impact on the Chiefs. But, you have been away from the big time for a while if you define a QB whose team went 2--14 with a 54% completion rate and a 74 Rating as "success." As for what made Matt good last year, you might be right. Only time will tell. But, for now, I think I'd take my chances with the guy who took his team to 11--5 in what was effectivley his first season and ended up with a Rating of 90 and rushed for 270 yards on the side. Vrabes brings one or two more good seasons on the field and a wealth of leadership and experience to a young lockerroom. If I were you, I'd count your blessings and the relatively low price you payed for them.

Ya know, for a Pats fan you know what your talkin about man. I have been trying to tell these QB controversy Chiefs fans the same thing you just said since Matt came to the Chiefs. There is no controversy and since we are payin the guy $14 million for 2009, why would we sit him on the pine? Your an outsider looking in and said almost everything I have been the last 5 days.
    I'm not arguing whether or not Cassel should start, I am arguing with the logic that you should start him because he makes $14 million. Rob Johsnon was a $14 million QB and he was named a starter because of his paycheck and look how well that worked out.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Logic my friend, if he bombs out we can always go to Tyler. I am simply saying since we are payin him he will be our starter to begin the season, I would hope common sense and logic would tell Haley to pull his dumb a$$ if he fails ;)
    I would hope that would happen earlier if Thigpen outperforms Cassel. Play the best QB not the richest.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast