Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Kansas City Patriots?

Default The Kansas City Patriots?

Is that what we are becoming?

We have their GM, a coach that was tied to them, now we are making deals for their players.

I know I am gonna take some hits for this but I am not too thrilled about the Cassell/Vrabel trade.

To me..And this is my opinion, Cassell is not the answer. He had a very good year due to great coaching and dumbing down the playbook. The team is what made his success last year.

Vrabel is too old and slow for a starting linebacker position. Don't quite see what he is bringing to the table at this point.

Hope it all works out though!

Let me ask this question to everyone.......

Is there anyone here who feels Thigpen would have accomplished what Cassel did had he been the QB of the Patriots last season? This is gonna be good!!!

I'm pretty sure everybody made up their minds on that question months ago during the regular season.

For me the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would hope that would happen earlier if Thigpen outperforms Cassel. Play the best QB not the richest.
    I read ya bud!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    That should never be the topic. The best QB is always on the first team. IMO that is Cassell with or without the money in place. Something tells me that Pioli wouldn't have made Matt the first FA pick up if that wasn't the case and Matt did win 11 games to Tylers 1 last year and no matter how much people say it was our defense and our shotty line, Tyler made alot of mistakes during his stint on the feild. I would just have to wonder how many of those games we might have won if Tyler didn't throw some of the INT's or get the incompletions when we needed scores. There is no QB controversy and there is no debate IMO . Matt Cassell will start and be our starter until he shows he can't handle it. I have said this about15 times through out the threads on the forum , I hope this is the last time :)
    Repeating yourself is a choice you make, and makes no sense to complain about it.

Not complaining just saying it so people know I haven't changed my stand on the point. It's rather funny that the multitudes actually need to have it repeated LMAO!
    I see, you're just going with a sense of educational responsibility.

I think you worry to much about what people think.

I have had people pick at my valid points over the words I choose to use and yes I do have a conscious oppinion of what people think about my oppinions because the validity of my points is what makes me who I am. That is another discussion ;) . I think we should remain on topic and I try to do that as much as I can.
    I'm just messin with ya. My only point is that if you tire of repeating yourself then stop; people are going to think what they will of you, I or anyone else regardless of how often we we repeat ourselves. :)

But, you're right; back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Thats a bad comparison. Thigpen, 12 INTs to Cassels 11 INTs

Tho Cassel had 21 TDs for Thiggys 18.

Still bad tho, everyone throws picks.
    Yeah but Cassel started 15 games, and pretty much played the enitre season. While Thigpen started 11 games last year which would have presumably put his numbers ahead of Cassel's by quite a bit. But anyway, all this posturing is fine(and somewhat redundant) until pre-season and we get to see which QB prepares better and plays better

I'm sure someone else said this, but I read through the first 8-10 posts and didn't see it. Vrabel is old and mostly washed up, but he is a solid veteran. The reason he was in the trade though was likely a salary cap concession that the Chiefs were willing to make to get the Patriots to make the deal for Cassel.

Cassel is a good quality QB...those are pretty rare. You guys had Trent Green for a while, but this really is the first YOUNG good quality QB I can remember you guys having in the years I've been a football fan. (I might be missing someone)...

Anyways I don't think Cassel is the best in the league, but he's well above average and should help turn the offense around if nothing else. With his presence teams will find it more difficult to stack the box for th run as he can buy a little time and deliver the ball accurately to the two big targets you guys have (Gonzalez and Bowe).

I'm really interested to see the results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'm sure someone else said this, but I read through the first 8-10 posts and didn't see it. Vrabel is old and mostly washed up, but he is a solid veteran. The reason he was in the trade though was likely a salary cap concession that the Chiefs were willing to make to get the Patriots to make the deal for Cassel.

Cassel is a good quality QB...those are pretty rare. You guys had Trent Green for a while, but this really is the first YOUNG good quality QB I can remember you guys having in the years I've been a football fan. (I might be missing someone)...

Anyways I don't think Cassel is the best in the league, but he's well above average and should help turn the offense around if nothing else. With his presence teams will find it more difficult to stack the box for th run as he can buy a little time and deliver the ball accurately to the two big targets you guys have (Gonzalez and Bowe).

I'm really interested to see the results.
    "(I might be missing someone)..." -rbedgood. Yeah like Tigpen!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345