Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Turley

Default Kyle Turley

Am I the only one excited about the possibility of landing Kyle Turley as,get this,a tight end?I love it!tight end;back-uptackle;and hell maybe he or Dunn can even play a little fullback.Just picture that sweep play.with Turley at tight end blocking off the DE (and basically the rest of the line)with Roaf and Weigman pulling out front and Dunn leading L.J. around the left side......The rest of the league is gonna need more defenders on the field.I don't know but it gets me worked up about the possibility.

Default Re: Kyle Turley

Don't you mean [size=xx-large]QUIET[/size]
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    ...quite! :-P

Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    Now shut up and let me sleep.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Chiefster wrote:
    Guru wrote:
    Now shut up and let me sleep.

You got it; I'm going to do sme sleeping as well.

Nite Crowd!

Turley about to sign deal with Kansas City

Kyle Turley is about to make a return to the NFL from a two-year hiatus.

FOXSports.com has learned that the former Saints and Rams tackle has agreed in principle to a two-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs. The contract has yet to be signed but the team expects Turley to arrive at the Chiefs complex on Monday to sign the deal and complete a physical. Turley recently tried out for the Dolphins as a tight end but agreed to play tackle with the Chiefs, although they could work him in at TE in some cases as well.
    Turley started every game but one from 1998-2003, but a back injury sidelined him after the 2003 season and Turley has not played since.

If he wins the starting right tackle job then both of the Chiefs' starting tackles would be former Saints first-round picks under former New Orleans team president Billy Kuharich, now the Chiefs VP of Player Personnel.

Turley's persona on the football field is one of a mean, angry and sometimes crazy player. Off the field, however, he is one of the NFL's most charitable players. He helped raise considerable funds in the wake of 9/11 and then last year after Hurricane Katrina drove down to New Orleans to help out and even offered to take a truck to Saints players homes, load them up, and drive their belongings to San Antonio. Turley also helped raise a considerable sum of money to help the victims of this disaster.

Turley had reportedly dropped 50 pounds from his playing weight at tackle when he tried out at tight end. It's unclear what his weight currently stands at.

-Jay Glazer
    Foxsports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5684372

CHIEFS REACH AGREEMENT IN PRINCIPLE WITH T KYLE TURLEY
    Jun 11, 2006, 12:22:02 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Sunday that the club has agreed in principle on a two-year contract with T Kyle Turley. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

“We are very pleased to acquire the services of a player of Kyle Turley’s experience and stature,” Peterson said. “We were very impressed with his recent workout for us and are confident he is ready to resume his NFL career. He will compete at the right tackle position for us and we believe he has the ability to perform at a high level.”

Turley (6-5, 300) has started all 95 games he has seen duty in during his seven-year NFL career with New Orleans (Â’98-02) and St. Louis (2003-04). He has opened 66 contests at right tackle, 17 games at left tackle and 12 contests at left guard. Turley has also started four playoff games. The Provo, Utah native earned All-Pro honors with the Saints in 2000 when he combined with current Chiefs T Willie Roaf to anchor an offense that ranked eighth in the NFL, producing 129.3 rushing yards per game.

Turley originally entered the NFL as a first-round pick (seventh overall) of New Orleans in the ‘98 NFL Draft, where he was selected by current Chiefs Vice President of Player Personnel Bill Kuharich who was serving as the Saints President, General Manager and Chiefs Operating Officer at the time. Turley played five seasons with the Saints, opening 79 contests. He also started two postseason contests for New Orleans, including the franchise’s first-ever playoff victory in 2000.

He was acquired by the Rams in 2003 from New Orleans in exchange for the Rams second-round selection in the 2004 NFL Draft. He started 16 regular season games and one postseason contest at right tackle for St. Louis in 2003, serving as part of a Rams offense that ranked third in the league, averaging 247.6 yards per game. St. Louis also ranked fourth in the NFL in scoring that season, posting 25.6 points per game.

The San Diego State product earned All-America honors as a senior, becoming the first Aztecs lineman to win such accolades since ‘79. Turley started all 12 contests that season and was a finalist for the Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award. He was named first-team all-league as a senior at Valley View High School in Moreno Valley, California.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/06/11/chiefs_reach_agreement_in_principle_with_t_kyle_tu rley/

AWESOME! Turley lining up as TE for extra blocking!!!! Adding depth at the "O" line!!! Gotta love it! :pint: :hammer: :pint: :hammer:

I'm all for it. Preseason should be intersting. I still say we arn't done adding to the defence. :roll: :roll: Turley was dominant before he was injured.I say SWEET gamble if your gunna take one. :-D :-D :-D :-D

KC-Krazo wrote:
    I'm all for it. Preseason should be intersting. I still say we arn't done adding to the defence. :roll: :roll: Turley was dominant before he was injured.I say SWEET gamble if your gunna take one. :-D :-D :-D :-D
    Well, it is his chance for reprisal.

Training camp should be good too.Turly could make life miserable for Hicks. Sweet deal lining someone up wanting the starting job against him.This could put some fire under his a**.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast