Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Turley

Hybrid View

Default Kyle Turley

Am I the only one excited about the possibility of landing Kyle Turley as,get this,a tight end?I love it!tight end;back-uptackle;and hell maybe he or Dunn can even play a little fullback.Just picture that sweep play.with Turley at tight end blocking off the DE (and basically the rest of the line)with Roaf and Weigman pulling out front and Dunn leading L.J. around the left side......The rest of the league is gonna need more defenders on the field.I don't know but it gets me worked up about the possibility.

Default Re: Kyle Turley

I'm ashamed to admit that I've not heard much about Kyle. Do you have any details on this guy?

Kyle Turley was a stud of a right tackle for the Saints before he moved his stuff to St.Louis with the Rams. Where he was still a stud.He has had back problems and has lost alot of weight due to the injury,but he knows how to block.He would have been a starting left tackle for most N.F.L. teams but he was playing on teams that had (at the time)Willie Roaf,and Orlando Pace.He wants to play tight end.But with a little bit of size added to his frame again,he can be a dominant tackle from either end of the O-line.
    You may recall a play with the Saints,where Arron Brooks ran for a short gain and after the stop was made, a defender could be seen wrenching on his helmet like a madman,even past the referees whistle.Kyle Turley saw it.and proceeded to rip the defenders helmet from his head.and after being penalized for the act.Kyle then threw the helmet halfway across the field.
    I can't say for sure but I believe that was about five seasons ago.Aside from the attention he received for that incident,Kyle is a superb blocker both against the pass rush,and in run support.
    For the sake of familiarity,I would compare his abilities(in his prime) to those of a John Tait.As offensive linemen go,Kyle Turley is a big name guy.

Tait was truly a man among boys; this guy could be a welcome addition to the depth at O-line.

chief31 wrote:
    Kyle Turley was a stud of a right tackle for the Saints before he moved his stuff to St.Louis with the Rams. Where he was still a stud.He has had back problems and has lost alot of weight due to the injury,but he knows how to block.He would have been a starting left tackle for most N.F.L. teams but he was playing on teams that had (at the time)Willie Roaf,and Orlando Pace.He wants to play tight end.But with a little bit of size added to his frame again,he can be a dominant tackle from either end of the O-line.
    You may recall a play with the Saints,where Arron Brooks ran for a short gain and after the stop was made, a defender could be seen wrenching on his helmet like a madman,even past the referees whistle.Kyle Turley saw it.and proceeded to rip the defenders helmet from his head.and after being penalized for the act.Kyle then threw the helmet halfway across the field.
    I can't say for sure but I believe that was about five seasons ago.Aside from the attention he received for that incident,Kyle is a superb blocker both against the pass rush,and in run support.
    For the sake of familiarity,I would compare his abilities(in his prime) to those of a John Tait.As offensive linemen go,Kyle Turley is a big name guy.
    Nice review.

I remember him throwing that helmet. Gave him a big thumbs up for that, even if I disagree with the action as a whole.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Man my life must be a sad existence indeed; I don't remember that at all.

Chiefster wrote:
    Man my life must be a sad existence indeed; I don't remember that at all.
    http://espn.go.com/talent/danpatrick/s/2002/0919/1433808.html

Couldn't find a video source of it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

chief31 wrote:
    Am I the only one excited about the possibility of landing Kyle Turley as,get this,a tight end?I love it!tight end;back-uptackle;and hell maybe he or Dunn can even play a little fullback.Just picture that sweep play.with Turley at tight end blocking off the DE (and basically the rest of the line)with Roaf and Weigman pulling out front and Dunn leading L.J. around the left side......The rest of the league is gonna need more defenders on the field.I don't know but it gets me worked up about the possibility.
    Sounds good to me, but alas, like Admin I have not heard of him.

I would be thrilled to get him. Not for TE though.

Guru wrote:
    I would be thrilled to get him. Not for TE though.
    How does he look on the field; I know nothing about him.

Nice avatar BTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast