Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB Competition in KC - just ask Haley

Default QB Competition in KC - just ask Haley

it could be BS but at least Haley saying reasonable things...like I sd before, Haley seems like an assassin. just wants to win. if Thigpen looks better in camp and everybody knows it, I gotta believe he'll get a shot. Not like when we shipped off Gannon because Grbac was Peterson's guy.

quote...

“I don’t know that you can say the quarterback position is secure,” Haley said Monday in his first public statement since the trade was made. “I think we’ve got another guy to come in and compete for the starting quarterback position.

“I just got off the phone with Tyler. I told him I’m a very selfish coach. I think that’s evident by Arizona and what we did there. We’re going to play the guys that give us the best chance to win.”

-KC Star

Someone else said it on here before. They were going to have a competition between Huard and Croyle, but in the end it was Croyle. I think there might be a competition, but Thigpen would have to come out playing like Joe Montana and Cassel would have to look like Todd Blackledge for him to lose the starting position.

Clearly it is Cassel's job to lose.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I would bet a lot that Cassel is going to be the starter, unless there is an injury
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by kuchief View Post
    I would bet a lot that Cassel is going to be the starter, unless there is an injury
    so would I!

One thing you have to remember is that Cassel learned at the feet of Belichick and Brady. TB has been quoted often, without contradiction by Coach, as saying that he approaches every Offseason and every Training Camp as though he were fighting for his job, even with four SB's, three rings, two SB MVP's and a League MVP under his belt.

That's how Matt will think about this, I assure you. He'll approach the competition with Thigpen as though he were back competing with Brady under BB's unpleasantly critical eye. I know that's a big change after three years of 15--33 under Herm, but it's what Pioli and Haley will bring to your team.

Enjoy. You're gonna have a great ride!

I really don't care as long as he gets the job done. But I will lean towards the job as being Cassell's to lose.

It's cassel's to lose..

Yup.. it's Cassel's job to lose but if Cassel sucks it up like Lienart (crossing my fingers)... I'm pretty sure Haley wouldn't hesitate to throw Thigpen in!

Whatever happens, I am hoping the starting quarterback of decision does not suck up anything. I want the guy to come out like gangbusters! I don't want to go through three horrible games before we realize that the QB of choice is really not the best choice.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Whatever happens, I am hoping the starting quarterback of decision does not suck up anything. I want the guy to come out like gangbusters! I don't want to go through three horrible games before we realize that the QB of choice is really not the best choice.
    I second that. I really don't want a QB controversy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast