Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: S Roy Williams good fit in KC

Default S Roy Williams good fit in KC

I saw today that the cowboys are looking to release there veteran safety Roy Williams. I think this would be a must sign for the chiefs. With Page a FA and there D-backs all being so young, with the release of Surtain (which was a great decision) not only would Williams add some great depth and talent, but some well needed leadership in the secondary. What do you guys think.

NO! Roy Williams (Safety) = most overrated player in NFL....

he cant tackle at all (he can hit hard, but not tackle) and his coverage skills are terrible. plus hes coming in the downside of his career....did you see what the redskins do to the Cowboys secondary (and most notably R.Williams) every year? unbelievable....even with Pollard and Page (who arent anything special)...he will likely be WAY overpriced. There are much better FA's available to spend the money on....we need linebackers and lineman

Personally i think he is too one-dimensional. Good against the run, but lacking in the coverage department. But i guess it all comes down to the system we're going to run.

I agree that we need to spend the money better, but after the way our safeties performed last year, i was hoping that we could find some talent...i never really watch Williams too much, so i'm glad you cleared that up for me on how he can't cover very well.

Oh and isn't Page still a FA?

Roy Williams is the most overrated safety, maybe player, in the NFL. No safety that is a complete liability in pass coverage should be a 5 time pro bowler.

I really want no part of him. Pollard is just as good of strong safety, is less injury prone, and younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefzfan View Post
    I agree that we need to spend the money better, but after the way our safeties performed last year, i was hoping that we could find some talent...i never really watch Williams too much, so i'm glad you cleared that up for me on how he can't cover very well.

Oh and isn't Page still a FA?
    Our Safeties did fine last year. Had a few bumps, but did fine. Roy is not a leader. He is a loud-mouthed, money wanting, overrated player. Not a good fit in KC. We have enough problems with LJ and Brian Waters.

We are just fine at Safeties and CB's. We need on defense, LB's and DL.

I don't agree with that we are just fine at safety. Pollard blows and Page is okay at best. But no to Roy Williams!! 1. Because he is way overrated, like most of you has said. 2. His name is Roy Williams and I am bitter towards that name. lol
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by kuchief View Post
    I don't agree with that we are just fine at safety. Pollard blows and Page is okay at best. But no to Roy Williams!! 1. Because he is way overrated, like most of you has said. 2. His name is Roy Williams and I am bitter towards that name. lol
    Pollard and Page are both equally talented to Roy Williams and are only 24. Neither has reached their ceiling yet... and you can't really judge safeties when the defense has no pass rush because their job becomes impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Pollard and Page are both equally talented to Roy Williams and are only 24. Neither has reached their ceiling yet... and you can't really judge safeties when the defense has no pass rush because their job becomes impossible.
    Agreed, no safety or CB can do there job right when the qb has all day to throw the ball. I would lay off the Page and Pollard hate till we get a pass rush. Saftey is one of the least of our worrys right now imo.

As for Roy Willams... lol, no...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast