Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what happens with Brodie

Default So what happens with Brodie

Hey guys- I read your forum occasionally to check up on the Chiefs. Being from 'Bama, I try to follow our former players' NFL careers, and I have followed Brodie's roller coaster for the past few years.

Just wondering the overall feelings about Brodie from the KC faithful. I talked with him down here last spring and he was telling everyone how KC was by far the best atmosphere in the NFL. He said he and his wife love the people and community, so just wondering if it is a mutual thing with the fans.

Also, if he stays in KC, does he even get a look at the starting job with the Cassel acquisition. I know the knees have been his downfall (I watched him for 4 years in Tuscaloosa), but Cassel did have a season ended from the EXACT same injury, and he bounced back fine.

I have been told by several former teamates of his that his arm is world-class, so my question is, what if he comes back from this injury better than ever? Does he hold the clipboard this year until the chiefs can get a good value for him, or does he get a chance.

You guys have watched much more than I have the last few years, just wondering what the general consensus is. He told me he loves KC and wants to be the man there, but has that window closed?

The best chance Brodie has of staying in KC is if Pioli decides to trade Thigpen to another team(Bucs possibly). Otherwise, Croyle won't see the field again as a Chief and most likely will be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 Toss Power Trap View Post
    Wasn't it Thigpen's 2nd game as a starter when they played the Jets in New York? The blowout in Atlanta being the first start. Thigpen didn't play well till Gailey developed the spread offense for him. Which was the Jets game.
    actually Thiggy played in week 2,3,5,& 7...the jets game was week 8 which is why it seemed like that to me. BTW i was at that game and the jets fans around me were quite impressed w/Thigpen,...as was I.

Croyle will be on the team this year, but unless there is some kind of miracle, he is gone after this season.

I really would like to see Brodie Croyle have a carear in the NFL, but it is all about timing and durability. Croyle was has problems with durability, and he was on the right team, but not at the right time. If Croyle had the Chiefs O-line that Trent Green had, he would be our QB.

Brodie has a great heart. I think of all NFL Players, he has back ground that a NFL Success would help so many.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyD5qqT5g0"]YouTube - Brodie Croyle and the Big Oak Ranch[/ame]

Its interesting since a lot of times, teams will go off of what THEY faced the previous year...

So basically, the bucs want thiggy partially because he looked fantastic destroying them for half the game...Showed ability...

Makes you wonder had we played the pats week 10, and say brady still was hurt somehow, I do wonder if Pioli would have a different opinion on Thiggy had his team played him in the Jets/Bucs performances...

Im all for Cassel because Im all for an end to QB controversy...Brodie has one year left, and will be paid, then will move on after that...Thiggy is signed thru 2010, and Im sure will be the backup through that point....its a 2 QB/2RB league now.

He is too injury prone. You can't say it was because of the d-line because I don't remember Thiggie injured with the same d-line.
    Although our d-line still stunk...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    He is too injury prone. You can't say it was because of the d-line because I don't remember Thiggie injured with the same d-line.
    o-line

but you are right our d-line was terrible as well :)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Thigpen is alot more moble and could escape first few guys that made it through the O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The best chance Brodie has of staying in KC is if Pioli decides to trade Thigpen to another team(Bucs possibly). Otherwise, Croyle won't see the field again as a Chief and most likely will be cut.

Agreed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast