Hey guys- I read your forum occasionally to check up on the Chiefs. Being from 'Bama, I try to follow our former players' NFL careers, and I have followed Brodie's roller coaster for the past few years.

Just wondering the overall feelings about Brodie from the KC faithful. I talked with him down here last spring and he was telling everyone how KC was by far the best atmosphere in the NFL. He said he and his wife love the people and community, so just wondering if it is a mutual thing with the fans.

Also, if he stays in KC, does he even get a look at the starting job with the Cassel acquisition. I know the knees have been his downfall (I watched him for 4 years in Tuscaloosa), but Cassel did have a season ended from the EXACT same injury, and he bounced back fine.

I have been told by several former teamates of his that his arm is world-class, so my question is, what if he comes back from this injury better than ever? Does he hold the clipboard this year until the chiefs can get a good value for him, or does he get a chance.

You guys have watched much more than I have the last few years, just wondering what the general consensus is. He told me he loves KC and wants to be the man there, but has that window closed?