Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the Chiefs Fan Connection

Default the Chiefs Fan Connection

I live in Raider territory. I hear you - it's not easy. Anyway, I met a friend for drinks last night at a local bar/restaurant. When it was time to pay the bill, I laid down my Kansas City Chiefs credit card. The barkeep took one look and said "You're a Chiefs fan?! If I had known, I would have let you eat for free!". I said "Hey, It's not too late." I figured he was joking but he came back with no checkslip, just my Kansas City Chiefs card in the folder. What a pleasant surprise.

It just so happened I was hanging out with a good friend of mine who despite being a Denver Broncos fan with ties to the coaching staff, is still a decent guy. The three of us chatted about the 80s, 90s, and current day Chiefs (with some minor Broncos talk mixed in so not to be too rude) for about 20 mins. Totally awesome!

What's even funnier is that this guy started out as a Raider fan and became a Chiefs fan because he got fed up w/ Al Davis - back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Anyway, it was a great Chiefs Fan connection. I guess I have Al Davis to thank for dinner. Seriously, barkeep, if you're a true fan and reading on this site, THANKS! It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    There is a bar in the heart of south Philly {philladelphia} called Big Charlies, total CHIEFS bar. i've been down to a couple of games...it's the next best thing to being at the game. the owner and two of his friends have lockers in the back room, on game day they arrive in complete CHIEFS outfits then proceed to change into their game clothes right down to specially made sneakers. about 40 rabid CHIEF fans jam into the back room to cheer just like at the game. way cool!!! in fact Big Charlies was featured on NFL Films cause of the DV connection. if you ever watch that episode and don't blink you may see me sitting at the bar.
    That bar is in the Special Features on the Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs DVD!! I was watching big Charlies while I was getting my Chiefs tat!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i gotta get me that DVD, available on line???

I got mine at best buy, but if you live in Pennsylvania im sure they wont carry it
    Half.com / Movies / NFL History of the Kansas City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    That bar is in the Special Features on the Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs DVD!! I was watching big Charlies while I was getting my Chiefs tat!!

I love that DVD!

I lived in Colorado for a time and I can't say I ever met any Chiefs fans. So we moved!

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    ...back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Anyway, it was a great Chiefs Fan connection. I guess I have Al Davis to thank for dinner. Seriously, barkeep, if you're a true fan and reading on this site, THANKS! It was a good day.
    I thought we shipped Rison to the Raiders, not the other way around.

There are also a few books you should cheKC out too!!

Amazon.ca: kansas city Chiefs
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    I live in Raider territory. I hear you - it's not easy. Anyway, I met a friend for drinks last night at a local bar/restaurant. When it was time to pay the bill, I laid down my Kansas City Chiefs credit card. The barkeep took one look and said "You're a Chiefs fan?! If I had known, I would have let you eat for free!". I said "Hey, It's not too late." I figured he was joking but he came back with no checkslip, just my Kansas City Chiefs card in the folder. What a pleasant surprise.

It just so happened I was hanging out with a good friend of mine who despite being a Denver Broncos fan with ties to the coaching staff, is still a decent guy. The three of us chatted about the 80s, 90s, and current day Chiefs (with some minor Broncos talk mixed in so not to be too rude) for about 20 mins. Totally awesome!

What's even funnier is that this guy started out as a Raider fan and became a Chiefs fan because he got fed up w/ Al Davis - back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Well, I was born in So.Cal and I too was at one time a Ram/Raider Fan. And as many people, I too got fed up with Al Davis, in fact you could say I pretty much hated Al to the bone. Then in the mid 80's he pushed my buttons once again and thus I began to live my life as a Chiefs Fan and I will Die a Chiefs Fan, even here in Oklahoma where most the people I know for some unknown reason like the dallas Cowgirls, it must be some type of illness that I am amuned to. I find this strange because most people here are OU or OSU fans and the Longhorns are much hated here, Hmmm, don't like the longhorns but they like the Cowgirls, go figure......

I will see you at the next Chiefs\Raiders game at the black hole. Fun times wearing red at that place..:} Get the DVD got mine from .HH thx Next person who sends an email or pm I will burn 1 to the lucky person.. LIke a chain letter.. Pass it along peeps.
    Last edited by spiman; 03-08-2009 at 12:13 PM.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I live in So Cal now and I have KC Chiefs stickers on my truck back window. I am getting thumbs up honks alot these day's..And the ocacional Charger fan brake checking me..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast