I live in Raider territory. I hear you - it's not easy. Anyway, I met a friend for drinks last night at a local bar/restaurant. When it was time to pay the bill, I laid down my Kansas City Chiefs credit card. The barkeep took one look and said "You're a Chiefs fan?! If I had known, I would have let you eat for free!". I said "Hey, It's not too late." I figured he was joking but he came back with no checkslip, just my Kansas City Chiefs card in the folder. What a pleasant surprise.

It just so happened I was hanging out with a good friend of mine who despite being a Denver Broncos fan with ties to the coaching staff, is still a decent guy. The three of us chatted about the 80s, 90s, and current day Chiefs (with some minor Broncos talk mixed in so not to be too rude) for about 20 mins. Totally awesome!

What's even funnier is that this guy started out as a Raider fan and became a Chiefs fan because he got fed up w/ Al Davis - back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Anyway, it was a great Chiefs Fan connection. I guess I have Al Davis to thank for dinner. Seriously, barkeep, if you're a true fan and reading on this site, THANKS! It was a good day.