Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AN AFC PREVIEW – AFC East

Default AN AFC PREVIEW – AFC East

AFC EAST

1. New England Patriots – The Patriots departed from their philosophy of bottom feeding and went hog wild in free agency, signing five players and trading for dangerous slot receiver Wes Welker within 11 days after free agency began. Then they struck again on April 29 with a draft day trade that brought mercurial but oft-marvelous wide receiver Randy Moss in. Will these additions lead to a return to the Super Bowl after a two-year absence?...

2. New York Jets – Belichick acolyte Eric Mangini not only stabilized the Jets in his first season as head coach but revitalized them. Now he’ll try to improve on a 10-6 season with a team whose rebuilding is not yet complete and which is facing the fifth roughest schedule in the NFL.

3. Buffalo Bills – The Bills lost five games by seven points or fewer and were better at the end of the season than when it began, which is giving them hope.
    That hope revolves around the continued improvement of young quarterback J.P. Losman and the arrival of first round draft choice Marshawn Lynch, who replaces departed and always disgruntled running back Willis McGahee.

4. Miami Dolphins – Nick Saban abandoned ship for good reason. Miami’s proud defense is well coordinated by Dom Capers and has been one of the best for years but those years are part of the problem. It is among the oldest in football and that looms as a telling problem....

The worse news is that Green will play behind a rebuilt line that may not return one starter to his position of a year ago and even if it does the group does not appear to be a strong one. Key here will be the adjustment of Vernon Carey, who moves from right tackle to left tackle to protect Green’s blind side. That’s not what you want to hear if you’re an aging quarterback coming off a terrible concussion.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/27/an_afc_preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    AFC EAST

1. New England Patriots – The Patriots departed from their philosophy of bottom feeding and went hog wild in free agency, signing five players and trading for dangerous slot receiver Wes Welker within 11 days after free agency began. Then they struck again on April 29 with a draft day trade that brought mercurial but oft-marvelous wide receiver Randy Moss in. Will these additions lead to a return to the Super Bowl after a two-year absence?...

2. New York Jets – Belichick acolyte Eric Mangini not only stabilized the Jets in his first season as head coach but revitalized them. Now he’ll try to improve on a 10-6 season with a team whose rebuilding is not yet complete and which is facing the fifth roughest schedule in the NFL.

3. Buffalo Bills – The Bills lost five games by seven points or fewer and were better at the end of the season than when it began, which is giving them hope.
    That hope revolves around the continued improvement of young quarterback J.P. Losman and the arrival of first round draft choice Marshawn Lynch, who replaces departed and always disgruntled running back Willis McGahee.

4. Miami Dolphins – Nick Saban abandoned ship for good reason. Miami’s proud defense is well coordinated by Dom Capers and has been one of the best for years but those years are part of the problem. It is among the oldest in football and that looms as a telling problem....

The worse news is that Green will play behind a rebuilt line that may not return one starter to his position of a year ago and even if it does the group does not appear to be a strong one. Key here will be the adjustment of Vernon Carey, who moves from right tackle to left tackle to protect Green’s blind side. That’s not what you want to hear if you’re an aging quarterback coming off a terrible concussion.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/27/an_afc_preview/
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't se the Phins being that bad of a team this year. there defense will be above average. They will have Trent Green and some decent WR's. I think they are a sleeper team.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't se the Phins being that bad of a team this year. there defense will be above average. They will have Trent Green and some decent WR's. I think they are a sleeper team.

Possibly, but like the Chiefs they're "O" line is the big question mark.

I think the Bills might be in the cellar in that division.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post

I'll take your word for it; I don't know enough about that division to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Might be?? They suck ***!! I hope to never see another post on this site with their name. They should be banished from the league and replaved by a high school team from Texas. I would be better football. They blow!!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Might be?? They suck ***!! I hope to never see another post on this site with their name. They should be banished from the league and replaved by a high school team from Texas. I would be better football. They blow!!!!
    Ok bud out of respect for your wishes I will not mention the "Bills" anymore because I know the great deal of pain it causes you to read the term "Bills", and the last thing I would want to do is cause a fellow Chiefs fan such anguish by the mere mention of the word "Bills". So, you don't have to ask me twice; I'll not mention the "Bills" anymore. OK.

Soooo.....i see you will not say b-lls again to me and i appreciate that and to repay the favor, as much as it pains me to do this, I would like u to know i will not mention the raiders to you anymore ever again. (That really hurt me to say that but now you know how it feels.) I am going to drown my pain in a frosty cold bottle of beer now!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Soooo.....i see you will not say b-lls again to me and i appreciate that and to repay the favor, as much as it pains me to do this, I would like u to know i will not mention the raiders to you anymore ever again. (That really hurt me to say that but now you know how it feels.) I am going to drown my pain in a frosty cold bottle of beer now!!

Just what the Dr. ordered.

I should be a doctor...that would be everyones prescription!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast