Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs signed DE/OLB Darrell Robertson

Default Chiefs signed DE/OLB Darrell Robertson

We really have become the Kansas City Patriots.

They spent time on New England's practice squad; doesn't mean we're turning into New England. Although I wouldn't mind having some of the same success that the Patriots have enjoyed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Yeah, but he was the only one trying to run down that guy. And on special teams he is usually in on the tackle or somewhere around the ball. I think he is great as a special teamer, but probably not much more.
    Jons a good utility guy. Remember we even had him playing LB a little last year because we ran out during a game, lol. Hes like a bottle rocket, he flashes bright for 1-2 plays then disappears. Thats why hes so good on special teams. He will never be a starter but im glab we keeped him around.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post

If you like New England so much why don't you just go there. They have a Patriots team full of bandwagon fans!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    This guy could be a diamond in the rough at OLB.

Georgia Tech DE Darrell Robertson Scouting Report
    Height: 6-4 , Weight: 255

Strengths: Fluid natural athlete who has an explosive first step…huge frame with the ability to add bulk…could translate well to a 3-4 OLB position due to his fantastic athleticism…top academic performer who is a hard worker on the field…real solid season as a senior (even better than his numbers show)...high upside prospect…

Weaknesses: Lacks the size to play inline DE at this time…will really struggle at the point of attack and can be susceptible to the run…struggles in the phone booth, especially when he lets OTs get their hands on him…will struggle to contribute right away…

Overall: Robertson showed great flashes while at Georgia Tech and his explosion off the line of scrimmage is intriguing. He is going to have to add bulk if he wants to stay at the defensive end position, but his best projection is as a rush linebacker in the 3-4 scheme. He shows the fluidity to transfer nicely to the position and could be a real find if a team is willing to give him a year to learn the position.

Gailey AND Pioli have ties to this guy as Robertson played for Gailey at GT and played on the practice squad for Pioli last year.

looks like a project guy, great potential but needs some coaching and experience. probably will get used on passing situations at first w/he's ready.

I'm all for having a project pass rusher on the practice squad or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If you like New England so much why don't you just go there. They have a Patriots team full of bandwagon fans!!
    I've been a Chiefs fan my whole life. What part of my statement makes you think i like the Pats? I was making a very small joke about us getting another Pats player. I'm used to another forum that every single post is atleast a semi joke.

I've been a Chiefs fan my whole life. What part of my statement makes you think i like the Pats? I was making a very small joke about us getting another Pats player. I'm used to another forum that every single post is atleast a semi joke.
    He's just giving you a hard time. It's all good.

I'm glad we kept McGraw. I don't know anything about the other guy.

The part where you call us the Kansas City Patriots. I guess I think it is an old joke that is not all that funny, but keep calling them whatever you like!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think the point is a few of these guys may just need a chance...Vrabel, Teddy B, come out of nowhere to have good careers...Brian Waters...lets hope we find a few at LB this year.

Where have I heard that before? LMAO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12