Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Waters question

Default Brian Waters question

I keep up with the chiefs as much as possible with my situation, and I heard about the Tony G and Larry Johnson stuff, but what happened with Brian Waters? I have tried to look it up, but seems I cant find much. Anyone able to find out whats happened with him and why? Thanks

Ok, its not ridiculous, because we DONT KNOW what happened...

regardless, this came out the DAY OF FREE AGENCY...he goes to Whitlock and cries about it...

Honestly, he CAN get 22 guys off the street and win 2 games.

Even more important, is that was the DAY we were Busy with the Cassel trade, What is more important? Telling Brian Waters our offseason plans(hes a player btw...hes under contract, and this was not a set up meeting) or...making the Cassel trade? Maybe they wanted to sit everyone down, show them that no one is bigger than the team...Much like having Cassel over the loud speaker, instead of some big photo op...

First I agree that these players need to respect the pecking order and if Waters did not call in advance and schedule some time, then that is his problem.

But I also believe that a 15 minute meeting with him would not have thwarted the Cassell/Vrabel trade as well.

All in all....You just cannot expect to stomp your feet into the bosses office at a whim with no consideration for the "team" operations.

2nd, going to Whitlock was sophmoric and I am sure that the first words spoken between Haley to Waters did not include the "winning 2 games" bit. There has to be more dialogue than that.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

But I can see where Waters would be offended by the "guys off the street" comment. How many games did we lose close again? Waters takes pride in his position and work ethic. He has been a staple of this offense for many years. If I was him, even if I had a 30 min impromptu convo with the coach and it was all positive and he threw that comment at me somewhere along the line? I would be offended also. He was 1 of theose 22 players that coulda been replaced off the street in coaches mind, if thats the words said. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    First I agree that these players need to respect the pecking order and if Waters did not call in advance and schedule some time, then that is his problem.

But I also believe that a 15 minute meeting with him would not have thwarted the Cassell/Vrabel trade as well.

All in all....You just cannot expect to stomp your feet into the bosses office at a whim with no consideration for the "team" operations.

2nd, going to Whitlock was sophmoric and I am sure that the first words spoken between Haley to Waters did not include the "winning 2 games" bit. There has to be more dialogue than that.
    I am pretty sure Brian Waters is his own agent. I am guessing this discussion he wanted three days before FA, in person without notice to the Chiefs. Was a little frustrating for the Chiefs.

Here they are trying to put their stamp on the team, and all of sudden someone shows up wanting to throw a curve ball.

You make appointments for stuff like that. How complicated would it have been for Brian to call Pioli and say. I want to discuss my future with you, when is a good time to dicsuss this. I am sure Pioli would have given him his 15 minutes. Instead, Brian is barging into his bosses office, basically while he basically have a board meeting and asking for his time.

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    But I can see where Waters would be offended by the "guys off the street" comment. How many games did we lose close again? Waters takes pride in his position and work ethic. He has been a staple of this offense for many years. If I was him, even if I had a 30 min impromptu convo with the coach and it was all positive and he threw that comment at me somewhere along the line? I would be offended also. He was 1 of theose 22 players that coulda been replaced off the street in coaches mind, if thats the words said. Just my opinion though.
    Brian Waters was a very big supporter of Herm. The spout off by Haley, could have been directed towards Herm stating that any 22 guys could have won 2 games if they were coached right. I could have been nothing personal against Brian.

You are only hearing what two frustrated people were saying. None of which would have took place had Brian Waters called in advance asking for some time.

I personally would'nt take too much of what that Whitlock guy writes at face value.. Im from the other side of the planet, so I don't know him. But he seems like a dick tbh.. Im guessing he's just pissed because they are so tightlipped in this new Chiefs front office..

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    all we know for sure is that they were discussing a trade, no details were ever released, and it was possibly a three team deal. since neither denvr or tampa filed an official protest it logical to assume that a first round pick was NOT involved.

A first rounder was not involved but a Pro bown QB was and that shows that Mcdaniels sees something in Cassell

I really think that it was just an article written by the KC Star, since they had nothing else to write about the Chiefs.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12