Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Waters question

Default Brian Waters question

I keep up with the chiefs as much as possible with my situation, and I heard about the Tony G and Larry Johnson stuff, but what happened with Brian Waters? I have tried to look it up, but seems I cant find much. Anyone able to find out whats happened with him and why? Thanks

basically from what i read is that he flew to KC to talk to pioli and haley about the direction or the future of KC. Poili told him that he has nothing to talk about with him. and haley then told him in a hallway the same thing but also added that any 22 players off the street could have won 2 games. something along that line atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    basically from what i read is that he flew to KC to talk to pioli and haley about the direction or the future of KC. Poili told him that he has nothing to talk about with him. and haley then told him in a hallway the same thing but also added that any 22 players off the street could have won 2 games. something along that line atleast.
    Brian wants a trade because of the comments above. But he is under contract, so the Chiefs feel confident that he will show up at camp.

Wow, that is rediculous. Our number one offensive lineman, and they dont even give him the time of day. We cannot afford to lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefzfan View Post
    Wow, that is rediculous. Our number one offensive lineman, and they dont even give him the time of day. We cannot afford to lose him.
    I agree.

If you are under contract that doesnt mean you cant ask for a quick minute with your GM (or coach). Waters wasnt asking for a trade before the request.

Im hoping that Waters can understand that the best way for Pioli commune to him is by putting good players around him.

I hope the Cassell move told Waters, "Hey, Im busy. I've got you an outstanding QB that many other teams would've gave 1st rounder for and then some."

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    I agree.

If you are under contract that doesnt mean you cant ask for a quick minute with your GM (or coach). Waters wasnt asking for a trade before the request.

Im hoping that Waters can understand that the best way for Pioli commune to him is by putting good players around him.

I hope the Cassell move told Waters, "Hey, Im busy. I've got you an outstanding QB that many other teams would've gave 1st rounder for and then some."
    Lets not forget that we don't know all the details, but its assumed he showed up the friday before the start of Free Agency unannounced to discuss whatever he wanted to discuss with the team leadership. It was also during this time frame that the Chiefs were talking with NE about Cassel/Vrabel before he inevitably landed here that weekend.

So take it at face value for now till Waters/Coach/Pioli speak up about the incident to clear up anything, if there is anything to clear up. The days of players influencing the happening of the Chiefs franchise are over and the sting is obviously hurting for some.

I agree.

Sorry ... no one would have given a 1st round pick for Cassell... if they would have.. do you think he would be here????
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Sorry ... no one would have given a 1st round pick for Cassell... if they would have.. do you think he would be here????
    Rumor has it that Tampa had an offer on the table for their first round pick. Of course that is only rumor, but that is why there are many who think this trade requires investigation.

As for the Waters situation. I don't think any employee can just walk in and demand an audience. Waters could have called ahead and asked for an appointment and avoided a largely embarrassing situation. I am sure Pioli and/or Haley would have given them an audience, just not on the player's terms.

Furthermore, the rumor has it that Waters was filled up with a lot of interesting information from the pro-bowl. I think it entirely possible that Waters pushed this confrontation so he could exploit the opportunity. I have read other reports where Waters has stated that he is not happy about his contract situation at KC and would be looking for an opportunity to increase his net worth.

You don't hear anything about TG or LJ pulling this sort of thing.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Yes they would have.

You have Tampa Bay. And look at Cutler. Why, the Broncos were willing to give their pro-bowl QB to acquire him for poops sake.

Yes they would have.

You have Tampa Bay. And look at Cutler. Why, the Broncos were willing to give their pro-bowl QB to acquire him for poops sake.

all we know for sure is that they were discussing a trade, no details were ever released, and it was possibly a three team deal. since neither denvr or tampa filed an official protest it logical to assume that a first round pick was NOT involved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast