Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the Chiefs Fan Connection

Default the Chiefs Fan Connection

I live in Raider territory. I hear you - it's not easy. Anyway, I met a friend for drinks last night at a local bar/restaurant. When it was time to pay the bill, I laid down my Kansas City Chiefs credit card. The barkeep took one look and said "You're a Chiefs fan?! If I had known, I would have let you eat for free!". I said "Hey, It's not too late." I figured he was joking but he came back with no checkslip, just my Kansas City Chiefs card in the folder. What a pleasant surprise.

It just so happened I was hanging out with a good friend of mine who despite being a Denver Broncos fan with ties to the coaching staff, is still a decent guy. The three of us chatted about the 80s, 90s, and current day Chiefs (with some minor Broncos talk mixed in so not to be too rude) for about 20 mins. Totally awesome!

What's even funnier is that this guy started out as a Raider fan and became a Chiefs fan because he got fed up w/ Al Davis - back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Anyway, it was a great Chiefs Fan connection. I guess I have Al Davis to thank for dinner. Seriously, barkeep, if you're a true fan and reading on this site, THANKS! It was a good day.

HAHA, Thats awesome.

I went to Miami for a cruise back in 05 I think. And the Chiefs were playing the Bronocs AT home on a really cold day. We had to leave a day early, so sunday we had to go find a place to watch the game. We walked down the board walk to a beach front bar.

When ordered some food and was waiting for the game. Turns out the bar tender was a CHIEFS fan!

It was one of the best times I have watched a game. There was this Bronco fan with a Cutler jersey and he was talking $h!t before the game, and then the Chiefs whooped *** on the Bronocs.

It was Awesome.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

There is a bar in the heart of south Philly {philladelphia} called Big Charlies, total CHIEFS bar. i've been down to a couple of games...it's the next best thing to being at the game. the owner and two of his friends have lockers in the back room, on game day they arrive in complete CHIEFS outfits then proceed to change into their game clothes right down to specially made sneakers. about 40 rabid CHIEF fans jam into the back room to cheer just like at the game. way cool!!! in fact Big Charlies was featured on NFL Films cause of the DV connection. if you ever watch that episode and don't blink you may see me sitting at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    in fact Big Charlies was featured on NFL Films cause of the DV connection. if you ever watch that episode and don't blink you may see me sitting at the bar.
    I have seen that, it does look like a fun place to watch a Chiefs game.

I live nowhere near Arrowhead. My truck has the license plate KCHIEFS. I also used to have two big Chiefs helmet stickers in the back window (It changes from year to year as the stickers fade). Anyhow I was driving along the local freeway a few years ago when I get a phone call from a guy who just passed me on the freeway (I have a 1-800 number on the side window of my truck). The guy tells me that he saw my license plate and couldn't believe that there was another Chiefs fan this far away from Arrowhead. He told me that he went to school in KC and became a Chiefs fan in the late 60's. We had a good discussion about the Chiefs and I haven't heard from him since. Thought that was kind of cool.

it is amazing how you can find CHIEFS fans everywhere, in fact they have season ticket holders in all but 2 states, i think Maine & Rhode Island.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 Toss Power Trap View Post

I live nowhere near Arrowhead. My truck has the license plate KCHIEFS.
    Me too. See my avatar to the left.
    I don't have any phone numbers on my car, but I do get some odd looks occasionally from other drivers. It may be that they are trying to figure out if I played for the Chiefs. There's not many Chiefs fans here in Michigan. But most likely it's because they don't like my driving. Although it doesn't happen a lot because I am usually passing them. They don't see my license plate until I'm already past them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Me too. See my avatar to the left.
    I don't have any phone numbers on my car, but I do get some odd looks occasionally from other drivers. It may be that they are trying to figure out if I played for the Chiefs. There's not many Chiefs fans here in Michigan. But most likely it's because they don't like my driving. Although it doesn't happen a lot because I am usually passing them. They don't see my license plate until I'm already past them.
    Everybody I have ever associated with knows that I am a huge Chiefs fan. I run into people who I went to college with or used to work with that I havn't seen in years. They'll say, "I think you passed me a year ago near blah, blah. At least I assumed it was you, do have a Chiefs vanity plate?".

I don't have the vanity plates but I have the sentence "Rabid Kansas City Chiefs Fan" on my resume. Have had it there for years.

Quote Originally Posted by wubfree View Post
    I live in Raider territory. I hear you - it's not easy. Anyway, I met a friend for drinks last night at a local bar/restaurant. When it was time to pay the bill, I laid down my Kansas City Chiefs credit card. The barkeep took one look and said "You're a Chiefs fan?! If I had known, I would have let you eat for free!". I said "Hey, It's not too late." I figured he was joking but he came back with no checkslip, just my Kansas City Chiefs card in the folder. What a pleasant surprise.

It just so happened I was hanging out with a good friend of mine who despite being a Denver Broncos fan with ties to the coaching staff, is still a decent guy. The three of us chatted about the 80s, 90s, and current day Chiefs (with some minor Broncos talk mixed in so not to be too rude) for about 20 mins. Totally awesome!

What's even funnier is that this guy started out as a Raider fan and became a Chiefs fan because he got fed up w/ Al Davis - back when he shipped Marcus Allen and Andre Rison to the Chiefs! Hilarious.

Anyway, it was a great Chiefs Fan connection. I guess I have Al Davis to thank for dinner. Seriously, barkeep, if you're a true fan and reading on this site, THANKS! It was a good day.
    sounds like you had a great night out!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    it is amazing how you can find CHIEFS fans everywhere, in fact they have season ticket holders in all but 2 states, i think Maine & Rhode Island.
    Yes there are idiots who hate the chiefs with a passion. I even found a link while googling the chiefs - I wish I could remember the link - as soon as I clicked on it there were bad things popping up so I had to get off it and run my anti-virus.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast