Thread: Corey Mays

Default Corey Mays

Straight from Rotoworld.com:

Chiefs signed LB Corey Mays, formerly of the Bengals.

Cheap, smart, and versatile, Mays can back up both inside linebacker positions in KC's 3-4 defense and will play special teams. He's a Notre Dame alum.

I really like this pickup. Chiefs are finally doing the things I want them to do.

I also like having guys with fun hair on the defense. Seems to spice it up a little bit.
    Last edited by northwest; 03-13-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Default Building special teams

I like the pick up. It seams we are building up the special teams with some quality 2nd stringers who also have the ability to fill in the starting rotation if necessary. I like the path we are on so far!

I don't mind the addition, but can we start taking other good players from other teams? We don't need to take everyone from the Patriots that will come to KC.

No **** so far every single player has had a connection to NE even if it was four years ago as an UDFA and so far we seem content with amassing a surplus of special teams guys which I always thought you could find late in the draft. Guess we are doing the opposite so we can plan on drafting starters on day two of the draft! lol

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    Straight from Rotoworld.com:

Chiefs signed LB Corey Mays, formerly of the Bengals.

Cheap, smart, and versatile, Mays can back up both inside linebacker positions in KC's 3-4 defense and will play special teams. He's a Notre Dame alum.

I really like this pickup. Chiefs are finally doing the things I want them to do.

I also like having guys with fun hair on the defense. Seems to spice it up a little bit.
    Another writer who seems to think it's guaranteed we are going 3-4 this year. So far I don't see it. We just don't have the personnel for it and even with a ton of cap we didn't exactly go all out for guys who could come in and play it yet. And it doesn't sound like Romeo is coming, sounds like they are gonna announce Clancy as our DC. It's looking like we are gonna have to run a 4-3 with maybe some hybrid looks at best unless they have some crazy trades planned for the near future.