Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the 3-4?

Default Thoughts on the 3-4?

Personally I love the idea of running the 3-4 defense. I was really glad when we got Demorrio Williams and I think in a 3-4 he will be very dominate. Glen dorsey would make a good de in a 3-4 and I think Tank could be a beast nose tackle because the guy is strong as an ox. of course alot of this determines on if we can get curry or not. If Curry goes first like some Mocks are suggesting I see us taking Raji or Orapko either one or beast to me and I just finished watching some video of Raji and that guy is a monster ! Im going to watch Orapko right now but I am just curious on IF we did have to draft Raji could tank make a good 3-4 DE kinda like olshanksy for the Chargers ? Not fast but strong as hell and frees paths for linebackers. We may draft Orapko but I am hoping Curry is there and we welcome a beast to the Chiefs. I think we got to go Defense in this draft and maybe just maybe Andre Smith will fall to us in the 3rd round since he is a dumbass but he can play. Sorry got a little off track here lol

The way I understand it so far is we may have 4-3 mixed in as well.

Yes, Andre hurt himself. If he let himself get sooo out of shape when he knew combine was coming up, is he going to pull off the same crap before training camp starts?

He hasn't shown great maturity or work ethic.. I don't want to blow a pick on him, if someone we know might be a good player is available..

My opinion is that if Aaron Curry is available at #3, we take him! To me he is not only the best LB in the draft, but the best player..
    He has shown, good work ethics, humility and leadership. He is also performing consistently at a very high level. To make him even more appealing, I think he could play in both the 3-4 and 4-3, and it is a position we really need to fill.
    Also with Vrabel now here, I couldn't think of someone much better, to guide him through the transition to the NFL. But hey thats just me..

Curry!

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    Personally I love the idea of running the 3-4 defense. I was really glad when we got Demorrio Williams and I think in a 3-4 he will be very dominate. Glen dorsey would make a good de in a 3-4 and I think Tank could be a beast nose tackle because the guy is strong as an ox. of course alot of this determines on if we can get curry or not. If Curry goes first like some Mocks are suggesting I see us taking Raji or Orapko either one or beast to me and I just finished watching some video of Raji and that guy is a monster ! Im going to watch Orapko right now but I am just curious on IF we did have to draft Raji could tank make a good 3-4 DE kinda like olshanksy for the Chargers ? Not fast but strong as hell and frees paths for linebackers. We may draft Orapko but I am hoping Curry is there and we welcome a beast to the Chiefs. I think we got to go Defense in this draft and maybe just maybe Andre Smith will fall to us in the 3rd round since he is a dumbass but he can play. Sorry got a little off track here lol
    The way it looks right now I see us running a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3. I am not convinced we have the personnel (DL) to run a full time 3-4. Im kinda torn as to whether I want us to draft Curry at #3. In a 3-4, LBs are not nearly important as in a 4-3. In a 3-4 the key is to have a strong DL, which I am not sure we have yet. I think we have a decent LB corps right now with DJ, Vrabel, and some combo of Boiman, Williams and Babin.

If we are going 3-4, I dont think Orakpo should even be considered. He is more of a 4-3 outside speed rusher. A 3-4 DE needs to be strong to push back the OL and stop the run. The pass rush isnt their primary job.

Sign Orlando Pace so that we don't have to draft an OT.

Then it comes down to Raji or Curry. If management feels that Tank can play 3-4 NT in the NFL, then the decisions easy. Otherwise... NOT SO MUCH, as Borat would say.

I think it is 1.) Curry 2.) Jason Smith 3.) BJ Raji

If detroit goes curry, then that will suck.....lets pray they take a QB or Jason Smith, because im pretty sure St Louis is going after a tackle...

Yep, we desperately need Curry!!

I like 3. It's my lucky number. I don't really have an opinion on 4.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The way it looks right now I see us running a hybrid 3-4 and 4-3. I am not convinced we have the personnel (DL) to run a full time 3-4. Im kinda torn as to whether I want us to draft Curry at #3. In a 3-4, LBs are not nearly important as in a 4-3. In a 3-4 the key is to have a strong DL, which I am not sure we have yet. I think we have a decent LB corps right now with DJ, Vrabel, and some combo of Boiman, Williams and Babin.

If we are going 3-4, I dont think Orakpo should even be considered. He is more of a 4-3 outside speed rusher. A 3-4 DE needs to be strong to push back the OL and stop the run. The pass rush isnt their primary job.
    Orakpo should absolutely be considered. I think he would be a great rush backer in the 3-4! And with the current state of our team not knowing wtf we will be running scheme wise he also adds value as a 4-3 end. Would not surprise me one bit if they go with Orakpo. I love Curry and would take him first but if he's gone Orakpo does make sense to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast