Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what happens with Brodie

Default So what happens with Brodie

Hey guys- I read your forum occasionally to check up on the Chiefs. Being from 'Bama, I try to follow our former players' NFL careers, and I have followed Brodie's roller coaster for the past few years.

Just wondering the overall feelings about Brodie from the KC faithful. I talked with him down here last spring and he was telling everyone how KC was by far the best atmosphere in the NFL. He said he and his wife love the people and community, so just wondering if it is a mutual thing with the fans.

Also, if he stays in KC, does he even get a look at the starting job with the Cassel acquisition. I know the knees have been his downfall (I watched him for 4 years in Tuscaloosa), but Cassel did have a season ended from the EXACT same injury, and he bounced back fine.

I have been told by several former teamates of his that his arm is world-class, so my question is, what if he comes back from this injury better than ever? Does he hold the clipboard this year until the chiefs can get a good value for him, or does he get a chance.

You guys have watched much more than I have the last few years, just wondering what the general consensus is. He told me he loves KC and wants to be the man there, but has that window closed?

Quote Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
    Hey guys- I read your forum occasionally to check up on the Chiefs. Being from 'Bama, I try to follow our former players' NFL careers, and I have followed Brodie's roller coaster for the past few years.

Just wondering the overall feelings about Brodie from the KC faithful. I talked with him down here last spring and he was telling everyone how KC was by far the best atmosphere in the NFL. He said he and his wife love the people and community, so just wondering if it is a mutual thing with the fans.

Also, if he stays in KC, does he even get a look at the starting job with the Cassel acquisition. I know the knees have been his downfall (I watched him for 4 years in Tuscaloosa), but Cassel did have a season ended from the EXACT same injury, and he bounced back fine.

I have been told by several former teamates of his that his arm is world-class, so my question is, what if he comes back from this injury better than ever? Does he hold the clipboard this year until the chiefs can get a good value for him, or does he get a chance.

You guys have watched much more than I have the last few years, just wondering what the general consensus is. He told me he loves KC and wants to be the man there, but has that window closed?
    Hey man, as I can offer only pure speculation I think that croyles chances are slim none. I only say slim because Haley is on record saying that camp will be a competition for the starting spot and that Cassel is not necessarily a shoe in.

I personally think that it is Haley kinda playing the media for now cause it really is too early to tell. Croyles track record really is awful. And I guarantee that KC does not run the spread again next year so in turn that gives Cassel the big advantage. And on a logical standpoint, If the organization was sold on Thigpen we wouldnt have even considered giving up a 2nd rd pick.

Cassel is who they will be drawing up plays for going into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post

I think the window has closed. I honestly think he does have the talent and my lead a team somday, but it wont be the chiefs.
    He has never won a game, and he breaks alot... Thats all that our new gm and hc are going to see on paper about Croyle.

To be fair though the O-line couldnt protect any qb we stuck behind them. Only reason Thigpen made it out injury free was because he can scramble well. I dont think we have heared the last of Brodie Croyle, just the last of Brodie Croyle starting for the Chiefs.

He'll go to camp and either make the team, or he won't! Herm is gone and the days of anointing starters is over!

I think Brodie could have been a great QB if he could have stayed healthy. We hear that he is tough as nails, but his body just can't take the punishment. What did he last in New England? Three quarters? Then it was early 2nd quarter when he got knocked out for the season in his first game back. If you look at his NFL history, which isn't extensive, you can see that he just isn't durable enough to play QB in the NFL. Even if he does fully recover from his latest injury, I think the perception of him through out the league is that he has the injury bug and isn't worth the risk.

unfortunately he is not held in high regard by the CHIEFS faithful based soley on his performance on the field. even in presesaon he made bad reads or forced throws into coverage. and he has been injury prone. now Thigpen did not look any better until he started about his 5th game so maybe Brodie just needs more time, but i don't see him getting any more chances unless he really shines in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    unfortunately he is not held in high regard by the CHIEFS faithful based soley on his performance on the field. even in presesaon he made bad reads or forced throws into coverage. and he has been injury prone. now Thigpen did not look any better until he started about his 5th game so maybe Brodie just needs more time, but i don't see him getting any more chances unless he really shines in the spring.
    Wasn't it Thigpen's 2nd game as a starter when they played the Jets in New York? The blowout in Atlanta being the first start. Thigpen didn't play well till Gailey developed the spread offense for him. Which was the Jets game.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 Toss Power Trap View Post
    Wasn't it Thigpen's 2nd game as a starter when they played the Jets in New York? The blowout in Atlanta being the first start. Thigpen didn't play well till Gailey developed the spread offense for him. Which was the Jets game.

you are probably right, it just seemed longer and i have been trying to forget last season

Brodie has a CANNON. If you go to NFL.com and type in Brodie Croyle in the video section, you can see his last play, which was a laser beam throw to D. Bowe. I personally thought that Brodie was gonna be the real deal. He played good in the pre season and I loved his arm, but the guy is just a wuss. One hit and hes gone.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Brodie has a CANNON. If you go to NFL.com and type in Brodie Croyle in the video section, you can see his last play, which was a laser beam throw to D. Bowe. I personally thought that Brodie was gonna be the real deal. He played good in the pre season and I loved his arm, but the guy is just a wuss. One hit and hes gone.
    He has a great arm.

Unfortunately, that's where it ends. His accuracy is poor, he stands in the pocket too long, doesn't know how to put touch on a pass, can't take a hit.

But you're right, there are few QBs who throw a nicer spiral.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast