Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

Default New Mock is out, Curry is still possible IMO

NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I really think that Curry will be available by the 3rd pick.

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

Guess we will find out April 24th.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The two major team needs, IMO, are on D-line and O-line. Everything else is secondary.

Since the top O-linemen in this draft are better than the top D-linemen, I want O-line.

Currys rating has gone from 10-15 overall, to the best player in the draft?

He wasn't the best player in the draft before the combine, so his stock has sky-rocketed because of what he can do when there is no game going on?

I don't like those players. I like the guy who plays football better than everyone else, alot better than the guy who runs a fast 40 and lifts weight better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well seattle needs a RB, so does the whole NFC North IMO.
    The NFC North?

Adrian Peterson (1760 Yards, 4.8 YPC), Ryan Grant (1203 Yards, 3.9 YPC) and Matt Forte (1238 Yards, 3.9 YPC) need to be replaced?

You could make a case for The Lions, who have a young guy they like. But the rest of the NFC North is pretty well set at HB.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The two major team needs, IMO, are on D-line and O-line. Everything else is secondary.

Since the top O-linemen in this draft are better than the top D-linemen, I want O-line.

He wasn't the best player in the draft before the combine, so his stock has sky-rocketed because of what he can do when there is no game going on?

I don't like those players. I like the guy who plays football better than everyone else, alot better than the guy who runs a fast 40 and lifts weight better than the others.

The NFC North?

Adrian Peterson (1760 Yards, 4.8 YPC), Ryan Grant (1203 Yards, 3.9 YPC) and Matt Forte (1238 Yards, 3.9 YPC) need to be replaced?

You could make a case for The Lions, who have a young guy they like. But the rest of the NFC North is pretty well set at HB.
    I've been following the draft pretty closely since the season ended, and I haven't seen Curry any lower than about the 5th overall player available at any point. This guy is not a workout wonder. He is a player who has had an excellent college career and also had a great workout. He is a flat out playmaker. He had 4 interceptions in 2007, all of which were returned for touchdowns for an average return of 56 yards.

There are good linemen available. But Curry is the consensus best player in this draft at almost any site you visit, and he fills a need. Right now I think DJ is the only player on the roster capable of being effective as an ILB in a 3-4. Let's put Curry in there next to him, with Vrabel mentoring them, and get this defense turned around for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I've been following the draft pretty closely since the season ended, and I haven't seen Curry any lower than about the 5th overall player available at any point. This guy is not a workout wonder. He is a player who has had an excellent college career and also had a great workout. He is a flat out playmaker. He had 4 interceptions in 2007, all of which were returned for touchdowns for an average return of 56 yards.

There are good linemen available. But Curry is the consensus best player in this draft at almost any site you visit, and he fills a need. Right now I think DJ is the only player on the roster capable of being effective as an ILB in a 3-4. Let's put Curry in there next to him, with Vrabel mentoring them, and get this defense turned around for years to come.
    Adding a LB to this defense does just about nothing in the way of improving it. If the D-linemen are being shoved into the LBs' way, then it doesn't matter what those LBs' names are.

And that is what happened last season. Good LBs were made to look bad by poor D-line play.

So, adding another good LB doesn't change that.

Moving to a 3-4 defense makes LBs look good. there is an extra guy there, running free, to making blocking more complicated. Not to mention the way the SS gets used in a 3-4.

You really don't need ray Lewis at LB if you are running a 3-4.

The Steelers made a killing from just plugging-in whatever they had at LB.

Then, when those guys became big names and left for other teams, they never really did squat.

Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Kendrell Bell and Joey Porter were marquis names as Steelers LBs. And none has been half of what they were, once they left.

The Steelers almost never re-sign their LBs, as they know that they are expendable. They just plug the next guy in there, and wait for his contract to end, so they can plug the next one in.

Who do The Steelers re-sign?

They re-sign the front three. Becasue they don't get the stats and recognition the LBs do. And are harder to replace.

The LBs get those big stats, due to the system, and those stats look like big money, so The Steelers let someone else pay that big money.

And The Steelers continue to get the big LB stats, while teams that pay for the big stats wind-up with average, at best.

With a 3-4 defense, you don't pay big money for LBs. You pay for DBs and linemen.

Only problem is there just isn't a D-Lineman really worth the #3 pick. Orakpo would be the closest but he is still a tiny bit of a reach. BJ Raji is a huge reach. I want nothing to do with him. I don't like his attitude and he has done nothing to impress me.

So with no D-Lineman other then Orakpo worth the #3 pick I say we go Curry if he is available. I would rather have DJ and AC on my team then play against them.

We need Tank to bulk back up to play NT. He got very very good reviews when he played NT. Dorsey, Boone, McBride to take over the DE's. Hali, Curry, Vrabel, DJ for starting linebackers. Flowers, Carr, and Leggett as CB. Pollard, Page, McGraw, Morgan for Safeties.
    Pick up one of each D-lineman, LB, and Safety in FA and Draft.

Get 2 OL in FA and Draft. I really wish the Chiefs would look at Harvey Dahl from the Falcons. I think he could anchor the right tackle position. Only problem is Falcons put a 2nd round tender on him.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Its not about the best player, its about the right player
    Ok Mr. Pioli. Its true but at the same time its not. At this high in the draft you get the best player available.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Only problem is there just isn't a D-Lineman really worth the #3 pick. Orakpo would be the closest but he is still a tiny bit of a reach. BJ Raji is a huge reach. I want nothing to do with him. I don't like his attitude and he has done nothing to impress me.

So with no D-Lineman other then Orakpo worth the #3 pick I say we go Curry if he is available. I would rather have DJ and AC on my team then play against them.

We need Tank to bulk back up to play NT. He got very very good reviews when he played NT. Dorsey, Boone, McBride to take over the DE's. Hali, Curry, Vrabel, DJ for starting linebackers. Flowers, Carr, and Leggett as CB. Pollard, Page, McGraw, Morgan for Safeties.
    Pick up one of each D-lineman, LB, and Safety in FA and Draft.

Get 2 OL in FA and Draft. I really wish the Chiefs would look at Harvey Dahl from the Falcons. I think he could anchor the right tackle position. Only problem is Falcons put a 2nd round tender on him.
    I still don't think you are getting much by taking a LB.

Also, third round O-linemen are not usually the answer. But high first round OTs generally are.

Most people dislike taking O-line, because those guys don't get spotlighted on ESPNs Plays Of The Week. But that is where our team has it's deficiencies.

Brandon Albert is an OG and should be playing there. He was an amazing prospect at OG. We can have that, and still get an amazing prospect for our LOT spot too.

The two biggest problems with our defense were Herm Edwards, and Jared Allen.

Jared Isn't coming back. But neither is Herm.

The switch to the 3-4 should generate instant pass-rush, to help replace JA.

And any coach who recognizes that you can't run the "Tampa-2" without a pass rushing DE is a great start in the right direction.

Between the new staff, and the decision to move to a 3-4, our defense is already leaps and bounds better than it was in '08.

I don't believe, as many do, that all of the players on defense need to be replaced.

Herm has been replaced, and I think that should take care of most of it.

Although, I don't really trust the new guys yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Codac View Post
    Ok Mr. Pioli. Its true but at the same time its not. At this high in the draft you get the best player available.
    I don't like that "BPA" nonsense. You take the best player for your team. <BPFYT>

I need to get that copywritten.

Well we don't even know if we are for sure 100% switching to a 3-4 yet either do we?

HOpefully romeo takes the job and comes here to be DC. I don't think our defense is that bad either i think we just need pressure on the QB. I think that was our biggest problem lastyear. If Curry wasn't in the draft i would be all for drafting a OL with the #3. I actually really want monroe. I wish we could get both curry and monroe. But i think our D needs more held then our offense. I think with a couple good moves in FA and Draft i think our OL will be pretty good.

The NFC North?

Forgot about AP.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I agree with all of this 100%. This is going to be a pretty easy pick regardless of how it plays out.
    Whoever thinks Curry is not worth the number 3 spot has not been following the draft closely. He has always been a top choice (#1 linebacker prospect) and then won the Butkus award last season. I know awards do not mean that much, but Curry has put up great numbers throughout college with almost no one else around him on the defense. But once everyone started hearing about him, then all of a sudden his stock rose. He was already projected to go to the Chiefs at 3 before the Combine. The Combine only solidfied his position. He will probably not go higher because it seems almost silly to grab a LB that high. But at the third spot, the Chiefs are at a flux position to where they could grab Curry and no one would question that move. Curry would make a great addition to the Chiefs.

I still don't think you are getting much by taking a LB.

Also, third round O-linemen are not usually the answer. But high first round OTs generally are.

Most people dislike taking O-line, because those guys don't get spotlighted on ESPNs Plays Of The Week. But that is where our team has it's deficiencies.

Brandon Albert is an OG and should be playing there. He was an amazing prospect at OG. We can have that, and still get an amazing prospect for our LOT spot too.

The two biggest problems with our defense were Herm Edwards, and Jared Allen.

Jared Isn't coming back. But neither is Herm.

The switch to the 3-4 should generate instant pass-rush, to help replace JA.

And any coach who recognizes that you can't run the "Tampa-2" without a pass rushing DE is a great start in the right direction.

Between the new staff, and the decision to move to a 3-4, our defense is already leaps and bounds better than it was in '08.

I don't believe, as many do, that all of the players on defense need to be replaced.

Herm has been replaced, and I think that should take care of most of it.

Although, I don't really trust the new guys yet either.

I don't like that "BPA" nonsense. You take the best player for your team. <BPFYT>

I need to get that copywritten.
    3 round OL arent the answers? tell that to Will Shields

Even when we had Jared Allen he did nothing to help stop the teams running a road thru us.

And yeah Herm made our offense worse. And defense no better. But it doesnt take a rocket scienctist to figure out that one.

How is switching to the 3-4 going to creat INSTANT pass rush? The Browns use that and only got 17 sacks last year?

:confused:

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast