Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

Default New Mock is out, Curry is still possible IMO

NFL mock draft: Version V - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I really think that Curry will be available by the 3rd pick.

DET: Has Culpepper, but he is aging. He is also a vet. This would be the perfect opportunity to draft a QB and stick him behind Culpepper to develop.

STL: Bulger really needs more protection, atleast from what I see. They could use help on D, but I think they should be fine, I would expect them to draft a lineman.

KC: Curry! But wait a min. Some people speculate that he will be gone. If he is there do we take him? We need an OL to protect Cassel. At the same time, do you let a playmaker like crabtree get away? Cassel's sucess was based on players like Moss and Welker and the whole reciving core. Wait, they used the RB's to.

I still stick with Curry. The say defense wins its all, and I am begging to think its true. Plus the weak point of KC is the D.

Guess we will find out April 24th.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I heard a ideal situation that actually makes some sence off of sports radio since we now have Cassel.

It would be nice for Stafford to still be available at #3. That would be the best chance for us to trade down and still have a #1 and also get our #2 pick back and maybe another pick or 2. There is several teams that would be interested in Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrychief View Post
    3 round OL arent the answers? tell that to Will Shields

Even when we had Jared Allen he did nothing to help stop the teams running a road thru us.

And yeah Herm made our offense worse. And defense no better. But it doesnt take a rocket scienctist to figure out that one.

How is switching to the 3-4 going to creat INSTANT pass rush? The Browns use that and only got 17 sacks last year?

:confused:

How many more is that than what we had? Even for a poorly run 3-4.

Sure. Some linemen make it from the later rounds. Just like some QBs do. But he odds are pretty slim as they are with any later picks.

Just as you can say "Will Shields", I can say Tom Brady and suggest trading Thigpen, so we can draft a QB later in the draft.

Except we would already have a starter at QB, and be missing starters on our o-line.

Find starters.

And we went from 13th in rushing yards allowed, in '07, to 31st in '08.

Jared Allen made a huge difference aside from the Sacks.

Default Latest Mock has Chiefs taking Orakpo

whttp://ww.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

What do you think? If we go 3-4 I think thats a good idea.

Honestly i was going to post this up lastnight. But the more i think about it. If we are going to be running a hybrid 3-4, 4-3. Orakpo might not be a bad bet. Since he could play LB in the 3-4 and then put his hand down in the switch to 4-3.

I'm still on the Curry bandwagon but i like Orakpo aswell. I think either will be a monster in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    Honestly i was going to post this up lastnight. But the more i think about it. If we are going to be running a hybrid 3-4, 4-3. Orakpo might not be a bad bet. Since he could play LB in the 3-4 and then put his hand down in the switch to 4-3.

I'm still on the Curry bandwagon but i like Orakpo aswell. I think either will be a monster in the NFL

Exactly unless we could get both lol Seriosuly either one of those guys are going to be a serious upgrade. I dont see us passing on Curry if he is still there at 3 but if not Orapko is no constelation prize. He is a beast who will make people say DAMN THAT LOOKED PAINFUL !

Orakpo could be a nasty pass rusher in a 3-4. I'd like to have him, but not at 3. I think if we miss out on Curry then we have to take Raji or Smith/Monroe.

i will throw my remote thru the TV if we take Raji at #3.
    I just really don't like the guy. I have not been impressed by anything he has done. Wasn't impressed with his senior bowl. not impressed with his combine. And not impressed with the way he talks/interviews.

If curry is on the board i think we take him. If he is not then we go Monroe or Orakpo or Crabtree.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Orakpo could be a nasty pass rusher in a 3-4. I'd like to have him, but not at 3. I think if we miss out on Curry then we have to take Raji or Smith/Monroe.
    If you are nervous about taking Orakpo at 3 then taking a player like Raji at 3 should scare the hell out of you!!!

if Curry is there at 3 and we dont take him I think it would be a poor chouce~

I think either Orakpo would be a reasonable fit considering the Chiefs named Pendergrast their DC and his defensive hybrid scheme revolving around a mix of 43/34 looks really is tailored to a guy with Orakpo's skill set. He'd do well to sure up the down 4/3 and really give Hali/Dorsey etc up front and on the edge some more room to work with.

He sort of reminds me of a Terrell Suggs proto-type LB/DE and if he turns out anything like Suggs it'd be more then a welcome addition.

Curry does well to sure up the the intermediate game with good pass coverage skills and decent rush ability and solid LB play. He'd be a fine addition to serve the team long term and really could be the corner stone of our defense with consistent playmaking rather then lights out play in which I think Orakpo is.

Truth of the matter is we need both of them as their games are not necessarily comparable in my eyes. I'd sit well with either Orakpo or Curry for the defense as I think they both can bring some much needed life to this defense.

Raji is out in my books; I was high on him earlier but now that some time has passed I've revaluated our needs and with Pendergrast coming in on defense a DT/NT has become a secondary need. Curry/Orakpo/OT in my opinion are the safest and most sound picks for the Chiefs to take in this draft. I'd be happy with either of them. Hell if Curry is on the board and Orakpo is there as well I could see the Chiefs possibly trading down a couple positions if they think its viable and a team within the top 10 really covets Curry ability.

Just an opinion.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 03-13-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast